Poll 2. Strength Level of Cuban Cigars.

ON AVERAGE, HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THE CURRENT STRENGTH LEVELS OF THE FOLLOWING CIGARS.   

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am putting together a plot chart on perceived strength levels of a sample of 50 Cuban cigars. 

On average, how would you describe thie strength levels of the cigars in the poll. :cigar: 

Punch Punch is tough but I had to go under medium. It's just where most have sat for me in the last 10 years since they became smokeable again. I would put the DC and 48 above it at medium and the SdP medium plus. I'd also put several of the recent ERs under medium like Preferidos and Duke. The ManTua however I'd put at medium plus to even strong. It's a very rich and powerful cigar. 

PLPC fresh can definitely be medium plus but I think they are a bit closer to medium overall. 

• Like 2

Punch Punch 2023 have been med/full. rich flavor bombs. Just epic.

noted :

opened another Punch Punch 2023 box smoked one it was light to Med but the wrapper was very light . 

The Dark wrapper one I will say med to strong day and night in flavor ..  

Both regardless of strength levels have been superb !!! 22/23 CC’s most have been some of the best young smoking cigars I have to say ! 
( Young meaning 6 months to 2 years nap time !! )  And I like it this way ! 

Life is Short ! Smoke up ! 

Went for Medium on all except Punch Punch where I went medium-light and CORO (not tried, won’t pay for Cohiba on principle).

I still struggle to know truly what “strength” means in this context. The Punch for example gives me a strong peanut favour but overall feels lighter than the others in terms of the smoke how it feels in mouth etc. I get a lot of shortbread from Upmann and even though this might be less intense than the Punch Peanut, there’s a toasted tobacco note in Upmanns that comes through and the smoke feels thicker. At least to me. But I still struggle to grasp what “full” would really mean.