Lounge Lizards: Habanos S.A. Changing Distribution Control

Strange - I haven’t smoked any of these but the reports I’ve seen on here are the polar opposite of their experience - very strong and flavorful, whereas theirs were flat and flavorless. @NSXCIGAR has probably tried one at this point: your take?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrBirdman said:

Strange - I haven’t smoked any of these but the reports I’ve seen on here are the polar opposite of their experience - very strong and flavorful, whereas theirs were flat and flavorless. @NSXCIGAR has probably tried one at this point: your take?

I've had a few and they're very good. A little one-dimensional although mine were fairly fresh so I'd give it a year. Definitely an earthy old-school Partagas approach. Very high quality and great vitola. 

@El Presidente keeps touting it as a possible cigar of the year but no review yet? :wink2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have had three from a LCDH in Venice, Italy and they were disappointing. I agree with the lack of flavor, but everyone is different.  

Aliados lack of flavor was surprising. Probably the nicest presentation I've ever seen on a box of cigars, too. It was from a NOV 22ish box (Mexican health sticker covered the entire back of the box so I couldn't find the sticker). I was surprised none of the six of us had a better experience flavor wise.

I'm hoping they didn't adhere to the proper blend in this specific batch of production and that this cigar, overall, will be better moving forward.