Casa Cuba Doble Tres (CACMay24)

I've been running through some NC "petite coronas" lately. I had a Blackened Shade to Black S84 petite corona this morning and it was shockingly good! Beautiful sweetness throughout, smooth creamy smoke and rich flavors of leather, nuts and chocolate. Went amazingly with my morning coffee. A 92-93 imho. But I digress.

The Casa Cuba Doble Tres is a fairly savory cigar. Draw and burn is fantastic here in the first third. Some leather, citrus, cedar and earth with subtle black pepper. The retrohale is a bit more woodsy and white peppery with a slight tingle. Not much sweetness to speak of but it works for this blend thus far. It's making my mouth water.

In the second third and the wood transitions to oak. The leather and pepper is still there but the citrus fades. Sweetness begins to enter but only slightly. It is similar to a cherry sweetness. The leather is taking a slight step back on the finish. Ash is getting a little wonky...I think I'll be wearing it soon. And I'm wearing it! After being peppered with ash I had to give it a relight and got a little of the citrus back. Made it just to the halfway point before losing it.

Final third transitioned back closer to the first third but with a touch more sweetness. Leather, not much citrus, pepper, cedar and earth. Retro is wood and white pepper. It is a good savory cigar that I think would go great with a scotch. It is the best vitola in the Casa Cuba line. A 89-90 and a good change of pace cigar for me since I tend to gravitate to sweeter smokes in general.

20240503_193904.jpg

20240503_194822.jpg

20240503_195308.jpg

20240503_203544.jpg

• Like 4

• JoeyBones777 changed the title to Casa Cuba Doble Tres (CACMay24)

I have had a few of Casa Cuba line ups from Fuente. Cubanesque with cherry sweetness but I had to relight like 10 times for each vitola. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, VeguerosMAN said:

I have had a few of Casa Cuba line ups from Fuente. Cubanesque with cherry sweetness but I had to relight like 10 times for each vitola. 

This particular vitola only required the one relight after the ash fell off. I wonder if I was doing my usual ash maintenance if it would have gone out at all? The performance of this cigar all around was great. As I said, the best vitola in the line up.

• Like 1