Cardboard Boxes Ruined Cigar... Salvageable?

I have a 2020 Escogidos and 2015 Connie A that came in Singapore's government mandated cardboard boxes and these are definitely ruined after many years inside some stupid smelling cardboard boxes...I can definitely taste the cardboard contamination and the stick tasted very weak. Are my sticks still salvageable? Right now these sticks are resting inside my Elie Bleu cedar humidor hoping that the cedar can help the sticks rid of the cardboard smell. I don't get the logic behind government mandated cardboard boxes, it's not like it is going to deter anyone from smoking cigar and it only serve to add more rubbish on earth, seems like the people behind this policy are kindergarten graduates.

17 hours ago, Uwiik said:

I have a 2020 Escogidos and 2015 Connie A that came in Singapore's government mandated cardboard boxes and these are definitely ruined after many years inside some stupid smelling cardboard boxes...I can definitely taste the cardboard contamination and the stick tasted very weak. Are my sticks still salvageable? Right now these sticks are resting inside my Elie Bleu cedar humidor hoping that the cedar can help the sticks rid of the cardboard smell. I don't get the logic behind government mandated cardboard boxes, it's not like it is going to deter anyone from smoking cigar and it only serve to add more rubbish on earth, seems like the people behind this policy are kindergarten graduates.

I've also learned it the hard way 😅

When it comes to storage I take cigars out the cardboard right away. Can they get rid of that smell and be enjoyable in the future?

Time will tell...

• Thanks 1

Cardboard packaging is not at all ideal for cigars. Plenty come here with their horror stories of the dreaded cardboard petaca.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SirVantes said:

Well, you're not smoking those cigars, are you? 😄

I knew somebody’s going to say this 😂