Cohiba Behike 56. Real or fake?

Let me start by saying I did enjoy this cigar and fake or not it was a very good experience. I simply want to get your take on it and what do u think. I am by far no expert in these matters. Have a look at pics and give me your feedback.

20240309_171749.jpg.c637e0d798e50ce22e3e055b356121e6.jpg

I will post a follow up on how I got my hands on this.  Pictures are from 2 cigars my brother and I got our hands on.

IMG_20240309_173400.jpg.a5675901b2c2937adc2cfaff5ebf5bb0.jpg

20240309_174950.jpg

20240309_174026.jpg

20240309_172936.jpg

• Like 1

Best security feature on BHK bands is the super micro print inside the small taino head. It should have multiple lines reading CUBA I believe.

bhk-band.jpg

Of course you could also have a fake cigar with a real band. 

• Like 1

Background story: these came from my local cigar lounge. A patron who had not paid for his locker in 2 years or so had about 10 of this cigars in a porcelain jar with all the Cohiba Behike labeling on it. Most cigars had a damaged foot. The owner of the lounge confiscated them a few weeks back due to lack of payment and kept them in his humidor. Today he offered me and my brother one to smoke. I will be honest, I had my doubts. The labels looked legit. As soon as I lit mine I had memories of a Behike 52 I smoked in past. The flavor profile is similar. The cigar itself is smooth, no bad aftertaste and simply enjoyable. Burn and construction seem to be on the spot.

20240309_180328.jpg.cde56c402d055e4d37e0411c54cd4c17.jpg

Unfortunately from what I can see/tell it looks like a fugazi to me. The white boxes touching both gold bands, as well as the point at the end of the chin cutting off the wrong angle of white squares. Typically the outer black outline of the Taino head is a little more centered than that on Behikes as well. The other thing that really stood out to me was that ash...I've seen some white ash on Cubans before, but typically they've got some more of that salt and pepper look. Whereas a lot of NWs I smoke tend to have that bright white ash look. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for all your input. I have learned a bit more about how these cigars can be faked. The silver lining to this, is that both my brother and I really enjoyed the cigars, so that should count for something :)  Now I am curious what the blend actually is.

Nothing definitive, but that white ash does not look Cuban to me. Reminds me of the color and texture of ash from some of the Desnudos.

Disclosure: I have never smoked (or even seen in person) a BHK.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

They are getting better and better. I suspect a large production of these boxes for the market. Only the self-made health sticker on the back reveals the fake with a misspelled German word.

FB_IMG_1712435064130.jpg

FB_IMG_1712434753920.jpg