Hoyo Petit Robustos from 2 different vendors

Uwiik

Hi all,

needing your help here. I received two boxes of Hoyo De Monterrey Petit Robustos from 2 different vendors…

1. I consider as a friend and I fully trust

2. is a vendor who so far never disappoints me and I 99.9% trust…

Both boxes just came in yesterday so I made a direct side by side comparison. I immediately slightly suspected the box from vendor 2 because the Transitorio label is showing a bit behind the seal, but I know this is not a 100% indication of fake. However, upon closer inspection I saw some differences between the two boxes, box from vendor 1 has pristine burn stamps while vendor 2 is not so pristine. Grain of the wooden boxes are both identical, both boxes came from different factory, UV light is showing identical glow and pattern in the seal, printing on the cigar band wrap are different between the two… Please help me to confirm if both boxes are real or fake. I can’t smoke any because these are fresh from delivery and I can claim and return if I haven’t smoked any.

Top/left is from vendor 1, bottom/right is from vendor 2. Smell is almost identical but stronger from vendor 1. 

thanks in advance!! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

9 minutes ago, nKostyan said:

What about the warranty seals? Is there a factory seal under the warranty seal of the first box?

You mean the transitorio sticker? Yes I can feel it under the warranty/coat of arm seal. There is definitely another sticker under it 

Additional info: UV light inspection on the coat of arm seal and white Habano sticker seal returned 100% identical visual/glow/reflectivity/color hue on both boxes… 

6 minutes ago, nKostyan said:

Do the warranty seals numbers correspond to the release date?

Do the microcodes match?

Ok this is new to me. Please educate me how to read this… microcodes I assume is the micro printing hidden within the seal that should match with the printed one on the side close to the hologram? 

Happy to report that on both boxes the microcodes matches the codes below the barcodes…

5 hours ago, nKostyan said:

Confirmed match on both boxes…now how do I read the code to check if it’s correspond correctly with the birth date? Thanks a lot for this invaluable information 🙏

13 hours ago, nKostyan said:

I've seen your numbers, they match

Don’t want to leave it here because I am a bit paranoid with the fakers out there. It was a difficult decision, leave these pictures here for the good folks of FOH to learn from or take these off so the fakers don’t have it easy. Hope I made the right decision to delete the pictures.

Thanks so much for the confirmation. Much appreciated and awesome!! 

These boxes both look solid. 

Not to say fakers WONT fake HdM PR but it's not something you typically see faked. 

The burns in the boxes is just 'Cuba being Cuba'. I've got a 10 count box of QDO 50 that have some burns in them saying they're 25 count boxes. Here are some other examples of the shit show:

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2023 at 1:54 AM, Adisaputra said:

IMO both boxes are legit. Well it’s just Cuba being Cuba LoL.

Happy to meet fellow member from Indonesia. From which city are you? I’m based in Jakarta.

Hello there, likewise feeling is mutual. I am from Jakarta too, BSD-Tangerang if we want to be exact. Where do you usually buy your boxes? I only have two vendors that I trust, one I trust 100% and another one almost 99% because his boxes and warranty seals placements are sometimes wonky, otherwise tasted fine.

On 11/6/2023 at 9:46 PM, Adisaputra said:

Cool, I’m based in Jakarta. We should meet up sometimes. I also only trust 2 sources. I believe our sources are the same LoL

Let’s meet up towards the end of the year when things are quieter… perhaps we have the same source… one of my fully trusted source is Manado based and the other one is a chap based in Jakarta, his name is starts with R and end with D (all this code language for cigar vendor because I am afraid of forum violations regarding vendor mentioning)