Labels off on 3 new boxes (label close up)

Midnight

Purchased 3 new boxes from a friend who has been providing friends for 20 plus years (new to me).  He is happy to refund if I don't trust them.

The attached pic shows the pixelated version(above) and below comparison pic is a seal which looks like every other seal on boxes in my humidor going back for 10 plus years.  

The top seal looks like a fake.  These seals should never be pixilated. Right?  Every other aspect looks correct on all three boxes except the bands on the Siglo 6s does not have the micro printing within the small logo on the lowest gold band.  I am thinking these are just high end fakes.

image.jpeg.eb6def1350d9bd180b6d37840e602416.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Siglo 6s does not have the micro printing within the small logo on the lowest gold band

This alone would lead me to believe that these are high end fakes. 

25 minutes ago, Midnight said:

The attached pic shows the pixelated version(above) and below comparison pic is a seal which looks like every other seal on boxes in my humidor going back for 10 plus years.  

So the top image is from the box that is in question and the bottom is from another legit box?? are the years roughly the same on the two boxes? I would agree that the top image certainly looks more pixelated than the bottom image. Whether or not that is legit evidence of a fake I'm not sure. Maybe someone with a little more knowledge on the warranty seals will chime in on this one. 

Overall I would lean that the box with the pixelated seal/sig VIs are fake. 

10 minutes ago, gormag38 said:

This alone would lead me to believe that these are high end fakes. 

So the top image is from the box that is in question and the bottom is from another legit box?? are the years roughly the same on the two boxes? I would agree that the top image certainly looks more pixelated than the bottom image. Whether or not that is legit evidence of a fake I'm not sure. Maybe someone with a little more knowledge on the warranty seals will chime in on this one. 

Overall I would lean that the box with the pixelated seal/sig VIs are fake. 

To clarify - yes, you are correct.  The top is from the suspect box and the bottom is what the warranty seal looks like on every box I have purchased for the last 10 years.  I actually went through my humidor and also the stack of empty boxes next to the humidor - they all look the same on boxes I know are legit.  (The pixelated one on top is NOT like the others.)

23 hours ago, Midnight said:

I am thinking these are just high end fakes.

Remove the words "high end" and you'd be correct.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What's happening here is the warranty seal image is being scanned and reprinted on genuine warranty seal labels. This is done to preserve the microprint serials. A good enough scanner can capture them and a good enough printer can print them but there will be resolution loss and that's what we're seeing here. 

On 7/19/2023 at 8:21 AM, Chibearsv said:

Remove the words "high end" and you'd be correct.

Indeed, these are now what I would consider standard level fakes. High end fakes at this point are likely perfect or darn close to it.