Can rust be an issue from sliding rails?

ChangBang

Looking into getting a cabinet humidor from raching or yohtron and they have options to add sliding rails to the humidors.

Are those rails and metal parts at risk to rust eventually assuming the humidor is kept within normal temp and humidity for cigars?  I could be overthinking this 😅

Thanks! 

Thanks. Yeah, I read around a little on some other forums and some people have voiced their worry about this, but obviously their opinion means nothing.  I couldn't find an instance of this issue so yeah I think I'm overthinking it.  Just going to be a big purchase and I'm hopefully going to have for the rest of my life so don't want to make any dumb obvious decisions! 

On 8/30/2023 at 7:48 PM, ChangBang said:

Just going to be a big purchase and I'm hopefully going to have for the rest of my life so don't want to make any dumb obvious decisions! 

I would be the same way. But yes I've only heard good things! You'll have to post a pic once you have it seasoned and loaded up! Congrats on the purchase brother!

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2023 at 8:44 AM, ChangBang said:

Looking into getting a cabinet humidor from raching or yohtron

I have a Yohtron since 6 months or so and this unit is great. No rust on the railing system. Let me know if you need more info. Just ordered a 2nd one.

8 hours ago, LOMTL said:

I have a Yohtron since 6 months or so and this unit is great. No rust on the railing system. Let me know if you need more info. Just ordered a 2nd one.

Nice how do you like it?  I ended up going with Raching mostly because the guy at Yohtron kept avoiding my questions on maintenance.  I was worried it was like the old rachings where you needed to replace the membrane every so often. 

On 10/9/2023 at 11:47 AM, ChangBang said:

Nice how do you like it?

TBH, I really like it, it's solidly built and super accurate. It keeps the temperature within about ±2%, and the humidity only varies by around ±3% from top to bottom. By the way, I've got some vacuum-sealed boxes in the bottom drawer, which might make the humidity a tad higher than usual, but it's intentional. I'm storing those boxes down there to take advantage of the consistent temperature.

One thing to mention is that this thing is packed like an egg. I've kept the spacing to the minimum needed for good airflow, and there haven't been any problems at all. 

You'll need to change the membrane after about 10-12 months of use, if you want, because it can turns brownish but still efficient and no mold, but it's only like 15-20 $ on Amazon. Once the unit has settled in (it drank up a gallon almost to be seasonned over 5 days), the water level only changes about an inch every 3 months, and a bit more when I mess around with it and open the door more than I should, haha. But no worries, the unit stabilizes pretty quickly. I've got a Govee sensor at the top, in the middle, and at the bottom, and the readings are consistently stable, within ±2%. Good job getting the Raching! Let me know how it goes and if you have any question.

BTW, my experience with the guy at Yohtron was pretty smooth, guy sent me photos of my unit after being built and before shipping.

1693078710265.PNM.jpg

Alibaba185108557.png

Alibaba164789232.png

• Like 2