Video Review - Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Especial - MAE JUN 15

MoeFOH

Apols, folks, a few technical issues with the audio on this one, so it's a bit truncated and a little rough in spots... how that's different from our usual level of professionalism I'm not quite sure, but for what it's worth... :D

1 hour ago, MoeFOH said:

Apols, folks, a few technical issues with the audio on this one, so it's a bit truncated and a little rough in spots... how that's different from our usual level of professionalism I'm not quite sure, but for what it's worth... :D

Hollywood level as usual 😁

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

see what the talent has to put up with. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Sounds maybe like Ken got one with just an extra bit of ligero bunched in near the foot which Rob's didn't have? I swear one time I had 1 cigar from a box that smoked like it had been wrapped and finished backwards with all the strength up front then mellowing out to the nub. Anyone else had something like this? I figured it had to be that since it surely must happen once in a while - an unfinished cigar gets put in the press or something the wrong way around and then wrapped backwards. Sometimes I have felt sure there were whole blend components missing too, especially in Padróns, when it's too distinct to just be some minor standard variation and even the cigar itself looks slimmer yet feel noticeably more loose than most of the others. They also tend to therefore be much more spicy and harsh with less cream and subtlety, making me think sometimes a roller might pinch a bit of the good seco leaf here and there...

I wonder if Hamlet has any light to shed on this actually.

I've been staring at my May 2022 box of 10 for the last couple weeks, and just barely resisting the urge to break into it

Ken gracing us with a 95, and Rob going with 96/97, has convinced me to forget about them for a little while longer

Still not sure they're gonna make it till 2030 😂

• Like 1