Padron Londres Maduro 2018

• MoeFOH changed the title to Padron Londres Maduro 2018

Yeah idk maybe it does come down to this vitola. I have seen many people swear that if you take the 1000 series blend and let it sit 5ish years you end up with something similar to the 1964. Now that was not the intent behind letting these sit so I am not disappointed. But yes, to my tastes, the londres was certainly not meant to sit around for more than a few years... 

2 hours ago, djrey said:

Yeah idk maybe it does come down to this vitola. I have seen many people swear that if you take the 1000 series blend and let it sit 5ish years you end up with something similar to the 1964. Now that was not the intent behind letting these sit so I am not disappointed. But yes, to my tastes, the londres was certainly not meant to sit around for more than a few years... 

I have experienced same with 1000 series by accident. Found a couple singles of 2000's in cabinet a few yrs ago. They had been in there for close to 10 yrs with yellow cello. I was blown away by depth and complexity. 

5 minutes ago, KCCubano said:

I have experienced same with 1000 series by accident. Found a couple singles of 2000's in cabinet a few yrs ago. They had been in there for close to 10 yrs with yellow cello. I was blown away by depth and complexity. 

Thats good to hear as I have some 2000 and 3000 with over 5 years and yellow cello sitting around. I'll have one soon. 

I’ve now tested this approach with the 2000 maduro repeatedly to the same result. They are fantastic with 3-5 years on them. I treat them like I used to PLPC. Buy a box, throw them in the back and forget about them while I smoke the last aged box.

• Like 1

The 2000 is a good model. I have a few in a desktop that I just haven't gotten to for a couple of years, and I'm looking forward to them. Nice size, and in that series I agree that thicker RG tends to be better.

• Like 1

Everytime I see someone complain of a cigar going bitter I'm like "oh, they got some tar buildup and didn't know to just cut it back from the head to instantly fix that." I mean, it's not as common a problem on habanos, so I get where many CC smokers may have not experienced the issue first hand, but I see this a lot with CC smokers transitioning over. Smoking slower usually prevents this, but sometimes you just have some leaf that is heavier with oils in a particular blend and it ends up kinda inevitable. In those cases, when you taste it (or see it, it usually visible right in the cut) just nip it back and it's gone.