Haaland hits 5...

MoeFOH

8 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

Simply :o

Where can we rank him? Just 22 years of age... already looking to be a truly genuine GOAT in his position. Once in a lifetime talent. 

he is clearly a talented player but he is playing with an exceptional team and a great midfield led by de bryne. 

ask us again in ten years. naming him goat now is beyond ridiculous for at this stage. it is akin to suggesting phil blake was the goat after he came in and scored 30 tries in 20 games in the nrl, or whatever it was. he needs quite a few more seasons at this level to be even considered for the conversation. otherwise, he is a trivia question. 

think back to arsharvin or whatever his name was. came to arsenal, goes up against Liverpool and slots four (and i'd suggest Liverpool then was a way better team than Leipzig now). we all got so excited. for about a week. now, he is a trivia question. that said, i do think Harland is a lot better than arsahrvin. 

13 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

naming him goat now is beyond ridiculous

Yep, why I said "already looking" this way, not is. I guess I'm asking, on current showing and the not insignificant runs he has on the board already (UCL, PL, Bundesliga), how does he compare to other out-of-the-box striker talents - e.g Ronaldo (the Brazilian one). 

16 minutes ago, MoeFOH said:

Yep, why I said "already looking" this way, not is. I guess I'm asking, on current showing and the not insignificant runs he has on the board already (UCL, PL, Bundesliga), how does he compare to other out-of-the-box striker talents - e.g Ronaldo (the Brazilian one). 

again, i think you have to give him at least another five years. 

That season Phil Blake had made an 9 year old me become an avid Sea Eagles supporter. Had to wait another 38 years for Tommy Turbo to do something similar.

I often wonder how many goals Harry Kane would get in that City team. Probably similar numbers to Haaland I think.

5 hours ago, JohnS said:

I think Phil Blake had an unbelievable year that year @soutso. From memory, he scored at least 20 tries and was easily the best player that year in the competition. I think that was 1983.

You bet John. 27 in fact. I still check out the youtube highlights to this day!

4 hours ago, JohnS said:

27 from a Halfback? Wow!

think he must have been a winger in disguise. clearly, he did not know how to pass. 

but if you based your view of this bloke on that one season, you'd think he was challenging the king. this was my point. we really need to see a lot more from harlaand. clearly a cracking player but to be in that conversation, come back in years.