Sam Howell, The Future...

anacostiakat

Gratifying game day for long suffering Washington football fans.  IMHO, a very impressive performance from Sam Howell in our win over the cursed Cowpies.  Somehow we struggles to have a 500 season in a 17 game season.  :clap:  Yea it was the last game of the season but Dallas played their first line into the fourth quarter.  So I think Kudos are deserved.  

Expect Turner to be booted as he stinks.  Nothing else will probably happen until after the sale.  Which we are all looking forward to.  Shocked that our defensive backfield played like they knew what they were doing

Great to see Sonny honored (finally!).  Had the honor of seeing some of my first games as a fan with him playing at old RFK.

Now let's get that sale done!  

2 hours ago, anacostiakat said:

Gratifying game day for long suffering Washington football fans.  IMHO, a very impressive performance from Sam Howell in our win over the cursed Cowpies.  Somehow we struggles to have a 500 season in a 17 game season.  :clap:  Yea it was the last game of the season but Dallas played their first line into the fourth quarter.  So I think Kudos are deserved.  

Expect Turner to be booted as he stinks.  Nothing else will probably happen until after the sale.  Which we are all looking forward to.  Shocked that our defensive backfield played like they knew what they were doing

Great to see Sonny honored (finally!).  Had the honor of seeing some of my first games as a fan with him playing at old RFK.

Now let's get that sale done!  

i have been doing little victory dances around the beach unit all day. family thinks i have lost it. beating dallas, third most important sporting thing behind the ashes and origin. and what a way to do it. 

the third ranked QB who had never set foot on an NFL field up against one of the top defences and a side where winning could have meant top spot in the NFC. missing our first ranked RB, the second ranked RB and the third ranked RB. using blokes signed during the week. missing our top defensive player (allen, in the line), top LB, top CB and top safety. and with a banged up and makeshift O line. just wow. and the day our usually decent kicker decides to go all jellyboots and miss field goals and extra points (which probably cost him his job for next year). i did not give us a chance, especially against the traditional enemy who would have been so keen to win and go into the playoffs on a high. dallas cowgirls, you are already one and done for the finals, our pleasure tampa!

turner is an odd one. lot of fans hate him but players and staff seem to love him. if there is a god, we have a new owner (happy with bezos, but not jayZ - utter tosser) by next season but it will not be in time for a new coach (unless someone is lining one up now as part of the bid but i doubt that). slimy dan has checked out (thankfully) so he won't be hiring or firing. so we will have dopey ron next year. we could do worse. turner has been with him a long time. don't see that changing. 

howell for the future? one sensible thing that our dopey coach said was that he won't be judged on one game but to come in and throw a TD with your very first pass in the NFL against that defence was magic. very dodgy interception but i think he can be forgiven a few things for a first game 5th round rookie. the scary thing is that he did look far and away our best QB of the year. he really did look good, though, but how often have we got ahead of ourselves? RG3 anyone? clearly a good runner. seems tough and unafraid. missed some throws but also some crackers. that long ball to terry M was a thing of beauty. 

for me, for the off-season, we get a new owner. that is key. i suspect coaching staff remains the same or close. 

next, re-sign deron payne. why the hell we have not done this is beyond me. if he walks, we save dollars but we cannot spend them on anything that would give us the same return. 

i am happy if we give howell a fair chance and have heinecke as a backup. either bring in a vet or a flyer on a draft pick low (unless a top QB falls to us but not holding my breath). i see no point in carr. too expensive and where does that leave howell? and bringing in old vets so rarely works. broncos and wilson anyone? only time i can think it worked is brady to tampa and peyton to the broncos. 

so save the draft picks and bolster the O line (certainly in the draft and perhaps FA), a class LB and CB. competition for our kicker. and bolster the O line even more. all that happens, i am a very happy fan. 

sorry, plus we need a punt returner who is faster and more elusive than a witches hat. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

i have been doing little victory dances around the beach unit all day. family thinks i have lost it. beating dallas, third most important sporting thing behind the ashes and origin. and what a way to do it. 

the third ranked QB who had never set foot on an NFL field up against one of the top defences and a side where winning could have meant top spot in the NFC. missing our first ranked RB, the second ranked RB and the third ranked RB. using blokes signed during the week. missing our top defensive player (allen, in the line), top LB, top CB and top safety. and with a banged up and makeshift O line. just wow. and the day our usually decent kicker decides to go all jellyboots and miss field goals and extra points (which probably cost him his job for next year). i did not give us a chance, especially against the traditional enemy who would have been so keen to win and go into the playoffs on a high. dallas cowgirls, you are already one and done for the finals, our pleasure tampa!

turner is an odd one. lot of fans hate him but players and staff seem to love him. if there is a god, we have a new owner (happy with bezos, but not jayZ - utter tosser) by next season but it will not be in time for a new coach (unless someone is lining one up now as part of the bid but i doubt that). slimy dan has checked out (thankfully) so he won't be hiring or firing. so we will have dopey ron next year. we could do worse. turner has been with him a long time. don't see that changing. 

howell for the future? one sensible thing that our dopey coach said was that he won't be judged on one game but to come in and throw a TD with your very first pass in the NFL against that defence was magic. very dodgy interception but i think he can be forgiven a few things for a first game 5th round rookie. the scary thing is that he did look far and away our best QB of the year. he really did look good, though, but how often have we got ahead of ourselves? RG3 anyone? clearly a good runner. seems tough and unafraid. missed some throws but also some crackers. that long ball to terry M was a thing of beauty. 

for me, for the off-season, we get a new owner. that is key. i suspect coaching staff remains the same or close. 

next, re-sign deron payne. why the hell we have not done this is beyond me. if he walks, we save dollars but we cannot spend them on anything that would give us the same return. 

i am happy if we give howell a fair chance and have heinecke as a backup. either bring in a vet or a flyer on a draft pick low (unless a top QB falls to us but not holding my breath). i see no point in carr. too expensive and where does that leave howell? and bringing in old vets so rarely works. broncos and wilson anyone? only time i can think it worked is brady to tampa and peyton to the broncos. 

so save the draft picks and bolster the O line (certainly in the draft and perhaps FA), a class LB and CB. competition for our kicker. and bolster the O line even more. all that happens, i am a very happy fan. 

sorry, plus we need a punt returner who is faster and more elusive than a witches hat. 

Yea.  Agree that we need to sign Payne, etc.  They will need to either keep Heinicke or land a vet.  Howell is just 22!  It is interesting that our defense as a whole played well.  Hudson at LB.  Where was he all season?  Chris Paul?  Well I think he was hurt.  

Great pic:

AKY72l7d?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1