Current information on house rollers in Havana?

RobBooth

6 hours ago, 1daniel said:

I believe the name of the new roller at the Comodoro is Yani. I also wasn't that impressed with her cigars, but I agree with with you about her not getting decent leaf. She is an excellent torcedor though in my opinion and she prefers making the big RG cigars. Have you had any from her with extra ligero? @NSXCIGAR

i've had a pretty wide variety from her and never liked any of them. I feel bad since I'm there so much but they just don't taste very good to me. I've never had an issue with construction. She's definitely the low roller on the totem pole and likely doesn't have the clout and the money to get better leaf. The only customs worse are Arnaldo's at Palco. Good grief his are lousy. I can usually get through a Comodoro cigar but I can't tell you how many of Arnaldo's I've had to pitch before halfway. He's probably just too old to know what they're giving him. He's flying if he rolls 30 cigars a day anyway. 

4 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

i've had a pretty wide variety from her and never liked any of them. I feel bad since I'm there so much but they just don't taste very good to me. I've never had an issue with construction. She's definitely the low roller on the totem pole and likely doesn't have the clout and the money to get better leaf. The only customs worse are Arnaldo's at Palco. Good grief his are lousy. I can usually get through a Comodoro cigar but I can't tell you how many of Arnaldo's I've had to pitch before halfway. He's probably just too old to know what they're giving him. He's flying if he rolls 30 cigars a day anyway. 

I had no idea that the tobacco given to the torcedor by the state was purchased or was discriminatory. I guess I assumed that all the torcedor received the same tobacco in a communist country. The comodoro is by far my most favorite place to just people watch or smoke a cigar. Seems as if that place is never dull and those ladies run a tight ship. Leave Arnoldo alone lol. I feel bad for the old coffin dodger. I was told that when he stopped rolling and spent a lot more time at home, he was sent out by his wife and daughter to just stand in the lines for things that they needed to purchase. He got tired of that and went back to work just so he didn't have to stand in those lines anymore. How do you feel about la chinas rolls? @NSXCIGAR

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 10/29/2022 at 1:20 PM, RobBooth said:

Just back yesterday.  Have to recommend Jose Fernandez as a great contact.  Had Jose for a few days on our last visit in 2020.  Managed to source me some more of the BHK 56 rolls I'd had from the previous trip as well as some Papo CRs  and some premier factory rolls too ;)  BHK and Siglo VI.  I was also in the car when he did a pick up from one of the factories of a fantastic bundle, for a client - banded and ribbon. First time I'd seen these 😀 

Great guy - message me if you want his details.

Hey @RobBooth if it's not too much trouble, may I have Jose's contact info?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I’m new here and I would like to ask for your recommendations where and from who to buy cigars. I will visit Cuba in a couple of months and trying to organise as good as I can. Thank you

16 hours ago, GeorgeG said:

Hi, I’m new here and I would like to ask for your recommendations where and from who to buy cigars. I will visit Cuba in a couple of months and trying to organise as good as I can. Thank you

Welcome to FOH! It is customary to introduce yourself here, before asking the Forum for assistance.