Cohiba Lanceros Band UV Check

Spaceman Spiff

Hey all, I've decided to go through my stash with a UV light and pretty much everything looks good so far except for that I have some Lanceros from 21 or 20 that aren't showing the code on the bands of the cigars. They *do* show the 4 boxes that light up with the UV light but no code.

Does anyone know if this is common with the thinner ring gauges? Perhaps the code gets rolled over? I appreciate any and all feedback, thanks FOH!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Hey all, I've decided to go through my stash with a UV light and pretty much everything looks good so far except for that I have some Lanceros from 21 or 20 that aren't showing the code on the bands of the cigars. They *do* show the 4 boxes that light up with the UV light but no code.

Does anyone know if this is common with the thinner ring gauges? Perhaps the code gets rolled over? I appreciate any and all feedback, thanks FOH!!

I have heard of number cutoff on smaller RG Cohiba. Not inherently problematic. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I have heard of number cutoff on smaller RG Cohiba. Not inherently problematic. 

Whew!! What a relief! Yeah everything else seems to be spot on otherwise and the source is definitely a reliable one, but I definitely wanted to clear that issue up.

Thanks NSXCIGAR!!

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Whew!! What a relief! Yeah everything else seems to be spot on otherwise and the source is definitely a reliable one, but I definitely wanted to clear that issue up.

Thanks NSXCIGAR!!

Even the 4 squares that appear seem to be hit or miss.....95% of my stock comes from here, and I trust FOH 100%.....but some of the bands have it and some don't.  

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 10/4/2022 at 9:44 AM, Silverstix said:

Even the 4 squares that appear seem to be hit or miss.....95% of my stock comes from here, and I trust FOH 100%.....but some of the bands have it and some don't.  

The blue square location varies by vitola.

38-47 rg - 4 blue squares on front of band 

48 - 54 rg - 2 blue squares on far left of band.

You likely won't see them until you remove the band.  Second row down, 7 squares in, third row down, 8 squares in.  

You occasionally see the 38-47 bands on larger cigars, and vice versa.  I guess it depends on what the factory has in stock at the time.  

The CHB code can often be absent from smaller rg Cohiba bc the bands get trimmed down to fit the cigar better.  Very common.  You'll occasionally see half the code cut off.

Keep in mind that all of these UV checks have been copied at this point, and it appears that they are using genuine bands (or fakes undistinguishable from the real thing) on high end fakes.  Source is always the best defense.

• 3 weeks later...