H. Upmann Connie 2 GEM SEP 21 (TCVRW)

I wasn't a fan of the original 20 batch of Connie 2 but from mid-21 on they've been excellent. It's a smoother, richer Connie 1. More like the 1 than the A ever was. 

If I had to pick the 1 or the 2 forever I'd have to pick the recent 2s but I still like the 1 as it's a little punchier and direct. 

• Like 3

• Cigar-Therapy changed the title to H. Upmann Connie 2 GEM SEP 21 (TCVRW)

Love the Connie 2! 

I find the 2's far "punchier" than the 1's. Personal taste? I smoke a couple every week as they are entrenched in my regular rotation. 

In terms of flavour I would take a 2 over a 1 most times.  They are very different cigars. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Love the Connie 2! 

I find the 2's far "punchier" than the 1's. Personal taste? I smoke a couple every week as they are entrenched in my regular rotation. 

In terms of flavour I would take a 2 over a 1 most times.  They are very different cigars. 

Yep, we differ here. These recent 2s are definitely richer and more complex, but I still think the 1 is more direct, for lack of a better term. Almost like a young PLPC vs. an aged. A little more mongrel. 

And I also don't think they are much different in character. The A and B are far different. The 1 and 2 are brothers. The A and B are cousins and the B a very distant cousin. I find the 2 to be the full evolution of the 1 so to speak. 

I do agree though if condemned to smoke only one I would have to pick the 2 and there is no bigger fan of the 1 than me.

And I love the Bohemios vitola.