the wallaby squad

Ken Gargett

If there is a half-decent league match or even decent AFL game (or even a good movie) on the same evening as the wallabies tests, that will do me. Rennie can shove the team list so far up his arse they’ll find it along with the history of usual selections like useless ned, david knox, lloyd walker and so many more. Like rob simmons – dumped from the reds but walks past a blue jersey and straight into the wallabies. Let alone several decades of ‘we found some dodgy third grader who played 5/8 when he was 12 and therefore must be better than Paul McLean, Michael Lynagh, insert any qld 5/8'. It never ends. I feel like we should start a ‘Queensland Lives Matter’ campaign.

Forgive me if I am wrong but over the last two years, the reds have won the super rugby comp and are 2nd this season, only just behind the brumbies and only because the imbecilic video ref decided that stopping the game 85 times was enough and we won’t stop it again for an obvious jersey hold on full time which would have given the reds the win. I think that they have only lost that one game to other aussie sides in that entire time.

Meanwhile nsw failed to win a game all last season. Not a single game. This year, the reds beat them in Sydney (I won’t mention all the players we were missing). The brumbies thumped them. They almost lost to the force and probably should have lost to the rebels if the rebels fly half wasn’t a dimwitted muppet.

And yet, when it comes to the wallabies squad, ten from nsw and just 8 from Qld. Seriously I know it has gone on for years but I have had an absolute gutful. Not that I would ever want England to win – that is as bad as New Zealand winning anything – but if it turned out to be three 0-0 draws v England, it would not bother me.

May be rennie is just scared that if he uses too many reds, people might work out that brad thorn is ten times the coach he is.

Seems the disgrace will continue for a few more years yet.

At least this will have given the reds even more motivation to thrash these pretenders this coming weekend. Still, we could win by fifty and they’d still fill most places in a wallaby team.

• JohnS changed the title to the current wallaby squad - 2022
  • Ken Gargett changed the title to the wallaby squad

john, we normally agree on everything but - and yes, i understand why you changed it - while you might see it as a 2022 thing, i assure that Qlders see it as an every year, permanent problem. changing to just this year minimises our pain. 

Of course I agree with you. I wanted to add context to the situation for reference purposes. Brad Thorn will eventually coach Australia I suppose...but then again, why would he want to? It's a poisoned chalice (being the coach of the Australian Rugby Union team), is it not?

Just now, JohnS said:

Of course I agree with you. I wanted to add context to the situation for reference purposes. Brad Thorn will eventually coach Australia I suppose...but then again, why would he want to? It's a poisoned chalice (being the coach of the Australian Rugby Union team), is it not?

john, sadly i suspect that the drongos running aust rugby will paff about and promise him the job in 35 years if three blue moons coincide and nz or whoop whoop will swoop in and grab him.