Spain's Best Cigar Cavas - A Country To Be Smoked

• Nino changed the title to Spain's Best Cigar Cavas - A Country To Be Smoked

My dad used to live in Santiago de Compostela for some years back around the turn of the century. I have so many great memories from the summer vacations I spent there helping him out with his work and at the same time travelling around Galicia. What a beautiful region of Spain. I must go back some day and at the same time visiting som Estancos. I’m gonna light up a cigar now and watch the video. Thanks for bringing it to my attention @Nino and at the same time bringing up some fantastic memories.

• Like 4

Another interesting episode from northern Spain, San Sebastian, where Ernest interviews father and son, both cigar somkers who run a cigar site for young people interested in smoking cigars.

Somehow reminded me of @El Presidente and young Ben 🙂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A recent episode from Madrid and Cuqui's Estanco there - good friend and really smart guy. He is betting on Nicaraguans 🙂

Anyway - if you think Madrid, big city, all concrete - watch it and think again. I used to live 50 kms outside of Madrid in the Sierra, looked very much like this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nino said:

A recent episode from Madrid and Cuqui's Estanco there - good friend and really smart guy. He is betting on Nicaraguans 🙂

Anyway - if you think Madrid, big city, all concrete - watch it and think again. I used to live 50 kms outside of Madrid in the Sierra, looked very much like this.

Thanks for sharing! I live in Madrid now, I have been looking at different estancos and have Cava Piegui on my list, I should go there some time! It seems like he's in the Pedriza area if I'm not mistaken, really beautiful place, I love hiking from time to time in the Sierra region. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rodrigodeanda said:

Thanks for sharing! I live in Madrid now, I have been looking at different estancos and have Cava Piegui on my list, I should go there some time! It seems like he's in the Pedriza area if I'm not mistaken, really beautiful place, I love hiking from time to time in the Sierra region. 

Pleasure !

I believe it is located in the Chamartin area. I lived in Villalba near El Escorial in the Sierra de Guadarrama.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nino said:

Pleasure !

I believe it is located in the Chamartin area. I lived in Villalba near El Escorial in the Sierra de Guadarrama.

Thanks for the info! Lovely region! I love to go hiking near Cercedilla and Navacerrada, it's really nice to have such a beautiful place near the city.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting interview with Jose Martinez Franco aka "Pepe Magallanes" - he founded Spain's first Cava de Puros in Madrid, the Cava de Magallanes in 1995. A true cigar legend in Spain.

• Like 1

The latest episode - Madrid cigar store again, nice, cozy and passionate, but great views of the Sierra, mountains and lakes north of Madrid last 5 minutes, lovely area.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last episode of the second season - a small Cava in Madrid run by a nice lady, cigar smoker herself and Ernest smoking a cigar at the Puerta de Alcala, the iconic gate to Madrid. Nice !

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 8:50 PM, Nino said:

And another episode 4 weeks ago from northern Spain, Pontevedra, in the lower Fjords ( Rias Baixas ), lovely green coastal seafood area.

Just picked up two Ramon Allones SS Serie Sevilla at this shop. Friendly owner with a great selection and service. 

041616D4-EA4E-4B91-87AE-FA3E4E732272.jpeg

• Like 4