A good chuckle with Agro...

4 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Some jokes did make it into the broadcast, but not obvious ones. Parents and older kids got a lot of the innuendo.

fuzz, you clearly watched a lot more children's tv than i managed. i do remember when sophie lee was first  discovered. awful lot of male uni students rushing home to watch whatever show she hosted. 

14 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

fuzz, you clearly watched a lot more children's tv than i managed. i do remember when sophie lee was first  discovered. awful lot of male uni students rushing home to watch whatever show she hosted. 

Ah, Sophie Lee. That was the old "What's Up, Doc?" show in the afternoons after school. I was in yr 8 when that show started. Sophie later hosted the "Sex" show on Channel 9.

Agro's Cartoon Connection was in the mornings before school. It was the reformat of a previous show, "The Cartoon Connection", hosted by Michael Horrocks and Alex Wileman (she was in that Mello Yello ad, and later was the Lotto Girl). A lot of the innuendo was stopped when they changed the format and started using a live audience. That was around the time Ann-Maree left and was replaced by Terasa Livingstone.

• Like 1