Carpet Cleaning and Humidity up in my Audew Electronic Humidor

SpecialK

My Audew has been rock solid as far as holding humidity in the 6 months I've owned it.. it stays at 66/67 with the Cigar Oasis. The Unit sits on the floor (carpet) in my office. My wife got our carpets cleaned yesterday and when I got home it had jumped to 69?. I ignored it for a bit and then an hour later opened it up to check for moisture inside (water near the drain etc..) there is no condensation also.... everything was dry .. 

I noticed that when the door was opened the humidity kept rising ?!! (70, 72 etc) I closed the door and checked this morning  and we are back to 68/69 still too high for my liking... but it did go down..

My theory is   The Humidor uses a fan to draw in air and cool it, if the air is moist due the the carpet being moist this would be the culprit ?

Thoughts ?? 

• Like 1

I can only say this; living in Florida, a couple of miles off of the coast, the AC in the house runs constantly. On those few days when the springtime temps drop below 70 F, we’ll open the windows to air out the house. While my 19th century cherry cab was not intended to be a humidor, I have it pretty well sealed with silicone at the joints and weather stripping on the doors. That said, the rh jumps +/-5 points with the AC not running.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chas.Alpha said:

I can only say this; living in Florida, a couple of miles off of the coast, the AC in the house runs constantly. On those few days when the springtime temps drop below 70 F, we’ll open the windows to air out the house. While my 19th century cherry cab was not intended to be a humidor, I have it pretty well sealed with silicone at the joints and weather stripping on the doors. That said, the rh jumps +/-5 points with the AC not running.

Yup... we don't have too much humidity in Idaho so this was kind of a shock... But then I remembered... "wet floors" . I know what you mean about Florida.. I'm a displaced East Coaster and understand that kind of humidity but as I get older it's harder to take in the summer...