If I'm To Believe What I Read...

20 hours ago, BoliDan said:

This thread confuses me and I'm not sure if i'm addressing this properly, but I'll give my opinion anyway?!?!

The number of death from some other "thing" argument make zero sense, no?

"X causes Y numbers of deaths per year, so this is nothing."

Covid has been only been a global problem for 2 months and grows every day. Why are people comparing it to annual death rates? It's not over. You can't affirm data until it is either finished or that it reached a comparable time of the metric you are comparing it to. In this case you still have ten months to make a claim that it is comparable to any "x" annual death rate. Call me a sensational social scientist, but I have had enough statistics courses to know what is science and what is political lies.

Health care workers are a specialized field,  we need them and they are dying!. They are fighting everyday of their life, have full beds , deny people of major concern, and cannot go home and hug their family after 12 hour days. We have freezer trucks in the back of hospitals to handle the amount of bodies at this point. we have to bury people in mass graves and hope family claim them later because of the death rate... "TWO MONTHS". This is not something you can statistically compare until the vaccine has been made available.

The last point I would like to make is similar to Robs. It doesn't matter if tobacco kills "x" or Car Crashes kill "Y". If I drown in a pool, four other people are also not going to drown simply because they came in contact with me. You will spread this disease and kill people a week before you even have a cough. People don't have a choice of how they die here. Whether you are mad or not, it is unbelievable that people are okay that they are responsible for someone else's death for the reason that they are contagious and will probably get through it,

The puke in my mouth comes from the selfishness of people willing to risk other people's lives because they are less vulnerable.

Very well said!! 

• Like 1