A Visit to Fincato (Rome LCDH)

Haha that's quite a string of years of bad luck getting in. I only grabbed one box of Invictos in Milan last month. Your review is making me wish I bought more. I'll smoke one soon and when I return next year for my wedding, perhaps I'll grab more.

It makes me wonder....if Italian LCDH's are the best for stock. Italian law doesn't allow for marketing of cigars online, nor shipping them out of the country as far as I understand. You'd think that it really curtails their customer base. 

• Like 1

...and this is why I didn't choose Rome in the "Paris or Rome" poll. Hard to find cigars there. When I went to Fincato, they had almost nothing. No regionals or LE's, no Cohiba... just a couple RjY and Montes laying about. Good staff, yes, but when there are no cigars? That's rough.

6 minutes ago, SenorPerfecto said:

...and this is why I didn't choose Rome in the "Paris or Rome" poll. Hard to find cigars there. When I went to Fincato, they had almost nothing. No regionals or LE's, no Cohiba... just a couple RjY and Montes laying about. Good staff, yes, but when there are no cigars? That's rough.

That first photo tells a story.  The amount of stock in there seems ridiculously sparse. Either their customers are ravenous and buy the hell out of anything that comes in or they don't move a lot of stock in general?  FYI, the top shelves of both units, are empties.

• Like 1

The Italians were saying how hard it is to get cigars lately. This was last autumn. And Fincato is the only real cigar shop in Rome! There's a great cafe near the Pantheon called Di Rienzo, they have lots of accessories and some Habanos. Great place to smoke and watch people and sip something outside. Probably murder in the summertime though with the heat and tourists.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SenorPerfecto said:

The Italians were saying how hard it is to get cigars lately. This was last autumn. And Fincato is the only real cigar shop in Rome! There's a great cafe near the Pantheon called Di Rienzo, they have lots of accessories and some Habanos. Great place to smoke and watch people and sip something outside. Probably murder in the summertime though with the heat and tourists.

That's where that last shot was in front of. ;)

• Like 1

Great read and photos. I hope you enjoyed that invictos! I love the chase of a good cigar, it makes them that much more special and in my mind taste that much better. 

I hope Rome treated you well! Great city if you can get away from the major tourist areas. 

• Like 1

Your experience mirrors mine at Fincato too - visited many time, was able to gain entry only once, and no RE's to be found when I did get in. That was back in 2011. Lovely store, great ambiance, terrible stock situation.  Still, i'm glad you found the Invictos after all!!!!!

• Like 1

I found the same thing last September the stock was very low and I wanted to spend but only managed a few singles of things I hadn’t tried.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to find one box in this tiny Tabacci in Maiori last month and nabbed it after smoking one the night before at an AMICIGAR event the night before. Very tasty.

• Like 1

I went in there during a holiday a couple years back, picked up a Trinidad topes because I was already stocked up from other places and looking for the regionals... very friendly staff and great place.

They had boxes of 1966 on the shelf and I asked if they were available...he smiled and said nope, as expected :)

Was hard to get in (weird hours), but picked up couple boxes of regular stock when there last year and smoked a RGPC on the street in front since they don’t allow smoking inside anymore. 

Ill go back to Spain to buy cigars.  Italy was underwhelming to me. Amazing food, less so cigars