Favorite Dessert?

For me and the wife we usually share a slice of key lime pie if available. We are usually on the hunt for a restaurant that has great key lime. We had a local Italian restaurant where the owner would make it in the restaurant that was delicious. They ended up closing shop a while back.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, mbflash80 said:

We go to Nob Hill Cafe every Christmas season for dinner...what a great little neighborhood spot...especially when you stay at the Fairmont...the food is very good and very reasonable for SF

Small world.  That’s a charming restaurant and if we are in San Fran, we don’t miss it either!  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stogiepuffer said:

For me and the wife we usually share a slice of key lime pie if available. We are usually on the hunt for a restaurant that has great key lime. We had a local Italian restaurant where the owner would make it in the restaurant that was delicious. They ended up closing shop a while back.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

You and me both.  When all else fails, go with the key lime pie.  Some places are better than others.  I’m getting hungry. 

10 hours ago, Perla said:

This is a kind of healthy food cake, but with loads of calories. Cake base are roasted almonds with honey and Dates. Topping is Mascarpone with Strawberry and Almonds. Low fat and low calories.

image.jpeg

You win the forum!! 

2 hours ago, Thirds said:

Where do you live and when is the soonest I can visit.  That is a work of art and I bet it tastes better than it looks.  Wow! 

When ever you are in the middle of Germany, just knock on the door. You are welcome.

we can smoke some old stuff after filled up with cake.

Taste wise really good if you love the sourness of the lemon paired with the sweetness.

4 hours ago, Perla said:

When ever you are in the middle of Germany, just knock on the door. You are welcome.

we can smoke some old stuff after filled up with cake.

Taste wise really good if you love the sourness of the lemon paired with the sweetness.

Europe is in my future.  My wife and I discussed a Europe trip for our 10-year.   I may be there sooner than you would like. Ha ha.  

If I’m in Germany you’ll hear from me.  That’s what this forum is all about. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Thirds said:

Throw in some vanilla ice cream and I’ll join you at that table!  ??

I usually bake the desserts in our house. I use organic blueberries, and make the crust out of almond flour. Key Lime pie is magical, and then there’s sticky toffee pudding ???

3 hours ago, Frozen North said:

usually bake the desserts in our house. I use organic blueberries, and make the crust out of almond flour. Key Lime pie is magical, and then there’s sticky toffee pudding ?

I don’t know what sticky toffee pudding is but I really, really like the sounds of it.  Keep your friends close and those who bake desserts closer. 

12 hours ago, Thirds said:

I don’t know what sticky toffee pudding is but I really, really like the sounds of it.  Keep your friends close and those who bake desserts closer. 

It's an English dessert. Using dates, brown sugar, butter, water, eggs, flour and a couple other ingredients. It's very tasty, made with home made toffee sauce, and of course a dollop of ice cream. 

• Thanks 1