Upmann Mag 46 OBM/FEB/16 RING GAUGE review weekend

I don't get any of the characteristics you do from my Mag 46s.  However, the oldest are 2017 -- killer stock IMO.  Young. I get mongrel, licorice, dark chocolate some forest floor.  Not one lick of creamy, wood or floral.  I usually nod in agreement with your reviews.  Do you think yours have changed over time or are we just getting different things from different cigars and the fact that I have a far superior palate than you? ?  

22 hours ago, rcarlson said:

I don't get any of the characteristics you do from my Mag 46s.  However, the oldest are 2017 -- killer stock IMO.  Young. I get mongrel, licorice, dark chocolate some forest floor.  Not one lick of creamy, wood or floral.  I usually nod in agreement with your reviews.  Do you think yours have changed over time or are we just getting different things from different cigars and the fact that I have a far superior palate than you? ?  

I’m betting your palate is far superior.  Mine is usually smoke I like vs smoke I don’t like.   But this one was almost Sancho’s cousin in profile (after an illicit Fonseca affair)....   It reminded me of the one I had years ago that I thought was really fantastic.   I think I’m finding over the years that Upmann is not my favorite marca overall.    Some I really like (petite corona) and others are just ok.