"Luna de Miel" Non Plus? Cremas?

Hi all,

Came across this cigar and was wondering if anyone had any information on it?  It's listed as a "Luna de Miel Non Plus Ultral".  It says it's made in Germany and the band says "Cremas".  If anyone has any information on these, I'd be very curious to know more.

Thanks !  20190617_165351.thumb.jpg.82e4683865eaab233174fb551fd8da31.jpg 

20190617_165336.thumb.jpg.ed6d1e25b330cf9a27a07f2d74c68427.jpg

20190617_165343.thumb.jpg.ddf51abcacfa8873d274dfd95d8d0327.jpg

20190617_164724.thumb.jpg.48e741de33f7e14f2692496fec8ab572.jpgCapture.thumb.JPG.a96a2df4035916e5fb3279187edfea97.JPGCapture2.thumb.JPG.68be7e22defbe48b2defcad05bb21b83.JPG

Whether it be La Esdura, Don Pablo, Medallion etc etc  there are a great number of independent companies around Germany, Holland, France, UK etc that sold 'havana filler' or "100% havana"  etc.    Think of it a bit like 'Havana clear' but rolled in Europe and not the states. 

'Non plus ultra coquetas"  its a vitola that you would often get with Henry clay cigars,  that would of been on the shelves around this time.    Not sure if "coquetas" is the vitola and the "non plus ultra" is some sort of pre-qualifier.

It's likely that they would of sold their 'havana filler' line, alongside sumatran blends etc

Nice interesting score..   Love the band..... it's looks old school European style meets Mexican day of the dead

Alte-Zigarrenkiste-DON-PABLO-CIGARROS-Flor-Fina-Zigarrendose.jpg

H0972-L45989992.jpg

Zigarrenschachtel-LA-ESDURA-Havana-alt-vintage-Zigarren-Schachtel.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, 99call said:

Whether it be La Esdura, Don Pablo, Medallion etc etc  there are a great number of independent companies around Germany, Holland, France, UK etc that sold 'havana filler' or "100% havana"  etc.    Think of it a bit like 'Havana clear' but rolled in Europe and not the states. 

'Non plus ultra coquetas"  its a vitola that you would often get with Henry clay cigars,  that would of been on the shelves around this time.    Not sure if "coquetas" is the vitola and the "non plus ultra" is some sort of pre-qualifier.

It's likely that they would of sold their 'havana filler' line, alongside sumatran blends etc

Nice interesting score..   Love the band..... it's looks old school European style meets Mexican day of the dead

Alte-Zigarrenkiste-DON-PABLO-CIGARROS-Flor-Fina-Zigarrendose.jpg

H0972-L45989992.jpg

Zigarrenschachtel-LA-ESDURA-Havana-alt-vintage-Zigarren-Schachtel.jpg

Thanks for the info, very helpful and interesting!  I measured one and it is about 40-42rg (hard to tell, it's old and box pressed) and ~115mm long--any idea what the proper name/size is?

Would you have any guess as to what period/year this might be from?

My first thought would be,   that if he cigar name of the side of the box say's  "non plus ultra"  and the band says "cremas"  you may have cigars from a different box inside.     

As a pure guess I would say somewhere between  1930-1960

As for its size,   I would suggest it registers as either a Perlas, Petit Corona or Franciscanos

Gotcha, thanks.  I unfortunately don't have the box (found the picture with the sales posting, not verifiable really).  Guess I'll smoke it and see.