Monte Cristo #2 AMA MAR 13 (PBRW)

Ahh, Sunday afternoon. A little relaxation, a few Bone in Beef Short ribs for a slow cook, and a MC#2. What's not to like? I like Monte Cristo very much. Probably my favorite behind Cohiba so given the price I seem to smoke a lot of them.  The cigar was very good. At just over 6 years of box age it is in my preferred sweet spot having most of its flavor and kick  but not the rough, tannic, and wet  aspect that a potent young Cuban cigar can have. The cigar was creamy enough so that I could blow a little smoke out of my  nose right up to the end. Leather, earth, mild spice and a hint of Cuban twang started at the beginning and stayed for the duration. This wasn't a complex cigar, just a good one that provided about and hour and forty five minutes of straight Cuban tobacco enjoyment. Construction was great, just a bit of resistance on the draw. It burned evenly and stayed lit for a few extended interruptions. It only needed a few touch ups. I've had very good MC#2s and not so good ones and this one was right up there with the very good ones. Those short ribs were pretty tasty as well. My wife and I paired them with sweet potatoes and a nice salad. All and all, a very good day.

fullsizeoutput_770.jpeg

l1VdxmyYTx+zlRYfxrzs2Q.jpg

X8lF4OH9QY2DFiRhBsfbdQ.jpg

• Like 4