Trinidad Reyes SLE NOV 16 (SSTRW)

Well rested stick. I've had this box since late 2017.

It's not the most beautiful of Reyes' I've seen, but it feels solidly constructed, not spongy nor underfilled. 

I recently discovered, to my great pleasure, that my wife has a keen sense of smell when it comes to identifying flavors in cigars!  She doesn't partake so she doesn't know anything about any of the marcas. So for this review, I asked her for her impression of this Reyes. 

She said she smelled strong leather, some kind of spice, coffee bean, milk chocolate. I, on the other hand, smelled nothing but barnyard, LOL.

Anyhow, on to smoking it. As always, it is one of my favorite little cigars. Lasts me a good 45-55 minutes, good smoke output, flavorful from the get go. 

To me, it's got a leather and spice start, that then transforms into a latte while eating brioche bread with a light later of honey. Hard to put down, it's a cigar I nub all the time, as long as I smoke it deliberately slowly. 

I give it a 92, it's a fine cigar.  

20190205_162501-01.thumb.jpeg.628b69d4dda0e83445af06440a2ea013.jpeg

• Like 4

Very nice review. My partner, who never ever smokes, has a great sense of smell for cigars too. She often enjoys the aroma, but a little while ago I had a foul Sig III and as soon as I came inside she said ‘yuck!’

1 hour ago, RDB said:

Very nice review. My partner, who never ever smokes, has a great sense of smell for cigars too. She often enjoys the aroma, but a little while ago I had a foul Sig III and as soon as I came inside she said ‘yuck!’

Thanks, RDB! 

??? She knew immediately, didn't she?  

Nice having a partner who doesn't mind and maybe even understands why we like cigars.