Monsdale update?

Guest Nekhyludov

Guest Nekhyludov

Since it looks like a few of our fellows here are headed to the island soon, I thought I'd throw out a question that I've been curious about. Does anyone know who is currently rolling Monsdales and whether the current ones are anything like previous versions?

If I've followed the timeline correctly, after Jorge Mons passed away, Jorge Lopez took over rolling Monsdales and continued until about the middle of 2018? That's the era that all my Monsdales are from (May 2017 and April 2018). It sounds as though Jorge has since moved to the LCDH in Chile, and Maricela has been rolling them since then. Is that still the case? If so, has anyone smoked the Maricela version? If so, how does it compare to the Lopez or Mons?

I bought some in November. Don’t know the new rollers name (don’t remember) but they are spot on. They are smoking brilliantly and they are doing right by the name...

The ones I’m smoking through now are from November 2017. I also have some from March 2018, November 2018 and March 2019. I think she was doing a lot of the rolling for quite a while before Jorge left. From what I’ve heard from others that have been smoking newer ones is they have been just as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After Jorge left to be with his family in Chile a new guy has started rolling the Monsdales, his name is Reynol Perez and he was at RyJ and El Laguito before as a roller.

The guy is very nice and quiet ( not like Leo the "manager" asshat who loves to scream and yell and give a monkey show in the lounge annoying the customers ) and the Monsdales I've had were just as good as previous examples.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stogieluver said:

This is the guy there in June of last year. I think he’s still there. 

F404ECAB-B59A-4FCB-9783-AE795EC7EEC2.thumb.jpeg.64c827107bd8ab0f070954b9e337eff3.jpeg

No.

That is not Reynol.

He is older, has full hair and glasses.I might find a picture of him.

• Like 1

Both of them are there to meet demand. Sometimes even a third roller. Difficult to know who rolled your cigars unless you see it. Reynol is wonderful. The cigars I smoked there a few weeks ago were nice. That being said nothing is the same since Mons died IMHO. Only Mons had the connections to chose the best tobacco as he was highly respected in the industry.