Partagas Chicos Storage

crasmith

Just got a couple of boxes of these. Great little short smokes to satisfying the craving. Love them for quick jaunts to the store and such and grabbing a quick smoke while wife goes into a store. 

Question, I’ve read to keep in and out of humidor. I know they’re wrapped in cellophane inside the cardboard box do how does everyone store theirs?

Thanks!

Craig

I don't put mine in the humidor for the simple fact I'm running out of room so I put my Chicos and CoShos in an acrylic airtight jar, throw a 65 rh Boveda in there and store it in my bar cabinet. I've had the same Boveda in there for over a year and I would say it could last another year as well. The jar I bought holds close to 100 or so and fits nicely in a cabinet. Here's the one I got off Amazon but you can find them just about anywhere probably and in all different sizes.

https://www.amazon.com/Prestige-Group-AJ25-Acrylic-Humidifier/dp/B00J21X9IS/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=acrylic+jar&qid=1556137695&s=gateway&sr=8-10

All great info y’all. Yeah, I’m aware that I don’t have to remove the cellophane for the humidor. I normally don’t myself but I know others do. How about the cardboard packs.  Can I leave them I. The cardboard packs in the humidor as well. I though there was discussion concerning the cardboard causing mold. 

I've had a stack of boxes on the dresser, completely unhumidified for over a year.  As I work my way through them, they seem to get better and better.  I don't assume they're completely air/moisture tight, but if it ain't broke...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, earthson said:

I've had a stack of boxes on the dresser, completely unhumidified for over a year.  As I work my way through them, they seem to get better and better.  I don't assume they're completely air/moisture tight, but if it ain't broke...

Lol!  Ya never know how these Habanos will turn out sometimes!  

I left a few packs out and put the rest in the humidor.  I left them in their original packaging with cellophane and cardboard.  

I enjoy them so they prob won’t be there for too long. ?

9 hours ago, crasmith said:

Lol!  Ya never know how these Habanos will turn out sometimes!  

I left a few packs out and put the rest in the humidor.  I left them in their original packaging with cellophane and cardboard.  

I enjoy them so they prob won’t be there for too long. ?

I bought them for cold/inclement weather but use them more as a nightcap than anything.  You know the nights - you grab a mareva but had time for a robusto!

Love the Chicos - only the Presidentes can hold a candle.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, earthson said:

I bought them for cold/inclement weather but use them more as a nightcap than anything.  You know the nights - you grab a mareva but had time for a robusto!

Love the Chicos - only the Presidentes can hold a candle.

I know exactly what you mean!