Juan Lopez Punto 55 (DEFJ Review weekend)

Great review! I agree with you about it's taste. The second one that I had gave me quite a kick when in the final third. The first run of boxes was lovely but that has changed. I grabbed a couple of boxes for someone the other day and had to check at least 20 boxes to find nice ones. Definitely not one to buy blind.

1 hour ago, gojira said:

Great review! I agree with you about it's taste. The second one that I had gave me quite a kick when in the final third. The first run of boxes was lovely but that has changed. I grabbed a couple of boxes for someone the other day and had to check at least 20 boxes to find nice ones. Definitely not one to buy blind.

Thanks! Yeah it definitely went up a gear as it got to the end. When I bought it, I had to looks through quite a few to pick one I was happy with so I decided against a box purchase. If I could have found a decent box I would have picked it up as the price isn't bad (compared to some REs at least!). Interestingly I also picked up a box of Quai D'Orsay Secretos at the same time and pretty much every box I looked at was great.

9 minutes ago, David88 said:

Thanks! Yeah it definitely went up a gear as it got to the end. When I bought it, I had to looks through quite a few to pick one I was happy with so I decided against a box purchase. If I could have found a decent box I would have picked it up as the price isn't bad (compared to some REs at least!). Interestingly I also picked up a box of Quai D'Orsay Secretos at the same time and pretty much every box I looked at was great.

Yes, this really is a weird one. I purchased quite a few boxes when this one was released and most looked pretty good. The ones available at the moment look like a different cigar to me, go figure.

I find that a lot of the Secreto Cubano were underfilled and the one that I smoked was a little too sweet for me. Haven't revisited them since their release.

The Capitolio that was recently released is a stellar cigar, probably the best French RE in the last few years. It's a beast of a cigar though.