Long Term Aging

13 hours ago, Jal154 said:

Ok, so you age a box 3,5,7 years. For me 3-5 years is plenty. Can you imagine patiently leaving a box down for 15-20 years only to find that most of the box contain plugged cigars. That would be horrible. Anytime getting plugged cigars is horrible but looking forward to a box after 15-20 years.......ouch. And we all know anything is possible with Cuba’s amazing quality control! ??

My worst nightmare. I don't even want to think about that haha

I need to get a priest to bless all my boxes before they're put down :rotfl:

• Haha 1

I would agree with the meaning that strong markas need aging anyway. for example Partagas d4 from 2018, 2015, 2011 and 2009 are completely different. can compare that because I smoked all of them this autumn. 

if you're private smoker, it's probably difficult to age a lot of different years cigars for long time. But sometimes you can buy them aged. Some distributors have aged cigars at their warehouses. For example I asked the head of our distributor warehouse to check what they have aged and took some pretty good staff. for example mastecase of Partagas d4 from 2015 and some other things, oldes from 2001. 

I also have seen some very aged cigars in Spain, even CoLa, Cohiba Siglo V made before 2002. 

On 12/17/2018 at 7:28 AM, FatherOfPugs said:

Not sure I'd be able to age a cigar for that long, I'd get to antsy.  Wife and I have a young one on the way, and I plan on ordering a couple of boxes of my favorite cigars from the birth month and year, that I'm planning on putting away until their marriage day (assuming that is happening), along with a couple of cases of champagne. So there will be some 20+ years aged cigars and champagne at some point. I'll let y'all know how that goes in about 20 - 25 years, lol!

Lots of pug walks between now and then. I’m dubious ?

• Haha 2