Vintage Scotch Expert Question- Looking for Info

Ethernut

I bought these three scotches from a fella looking to unload them. They were a part of a larger estate sale. Here's what I know, I think the Cutty Sark is from the 70's and the Glenlivet is from the 80s/early 90's. The McClellands, I have no freaking idea. Looks like 90's or early 2000's but I can't find it on the net anywhere. I've also included a photo of what the gift box looks like from the front. If you know or knew someone that would know more about them, I'd appreciate it. Happy to provide more photos.

Thanks in advance!

RenderedImage.JPG

IMG_0057.jpg

mclellends is sold out here but as a rank cheapie. though a 16 year old might be more pointy-end. 

as the others are or appear to be standards i doubt you'll get any huge amount for them. talk to a local top retailer or auction house or perhaps find a local malt appreciation group and see what they'll offer. 

8 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

mclellends is sold out here but as a rank cheapie. though a 16 year old might be more pointy-end. 

as the others are or appear to be standards i doubt you'll get any huge amount for them. talk to a local top retailer or auction house or perhaps find a local malt appreciation group and see what they'll offer. 

Thank you Ken. Not really looking to sell them, just looking to find out more about them. I do very much appreciate the response!

Cutty Sark is or was a popular Scotch in the North East USA.  I believe the Kennedy's made money from Cutty Sark back the in the day.

As @Ken Gargett mentioned McClellands is nothing fancy or should say for all 3 or nothing to write home about.  Still fun to drink something in a bottle that old.  At least you can buy a new bottle of each to compare.  Had plenty of old bottled cognac (100+ years old in bottle) so I can imagine how new and old will taste side-by-side.  

Have fun with them!  Neat seeing BB&R relation to the Cutty Sark; had no idea about that!