Hello from Kentucky

Jody

Hello everyone, I’m new to the site and wanted to do a quick introduction. I’ve been smoking cigars for somewhere between 18 and 24 months and I still consider myself a novice. I am totally new to Cuban cigars and was referred here by a member so I could educate myself. I have built a modest collection of non Cuban cigars and thoroughly enjoy kicking back and relaxing while smoking one. I have never smoked a Cuban cigar but hope to remedy that very soon. I have been reading on another forum about them and have become curious about them, or maybe it’s just the natural progresssion of the hobby, who knows. I live in the US, Kentucky to be a little more specific. I am retired and enjoy the outdoors, hunting and fishing when I’m able. I’m looking forward to learning all I can and hopefully taking this new hobby to another enjoyable level. I’m appreciative for any and all advice. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to learn from all of you. Take care. 

Jody

• Like 1

Jody it sounds like we're a lot alike! I am also from KY. Lexington to be exact. Welcome to the best forum on the internet. Checkout the Noob thread in my signature for more info on Cuban smokes and perspective therein. PM me with any questions you may have!

Glad to have you!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ethernut said:

Jody it sounds like we're a lot alike! I am also from KY. Lexington to be exact. Welcome to the best forum on the internet. Checkout the Noob thread in my signature for more info on Cuban smokes and perspective therein. PM me with any questions you may have!

Glad to have you!

Thanks for the reply. I’ll give that thread a read. I have a daughter that lives and goes to school at UK. Maybe you can help me out....I was in Lexington several years ago and went to a restaurant there that had a cigar bar in it. I can’t remember the name of it or where exactly it was located. I don’t know much about Lexington and was taken there by a friend. It was a pretty upscale place, had valet parking and a patio out back where you could smoke if you wanted. It was kind of set back by itself and had very nice landscaping. You wouldn’t by chance know where I’m talking about would you? If I’m up that way again I would love to go back there. Thanks.

Jody

1 minute ago, Jody said:

Thanks for the reply. I’ll give that thread a read. I have a daughter that lives and goes to school at UK. Maybe you can help me out....I was in Lexington several years ago and went to a restaurant there that had a cigar bar in it. I can’t remember the name of it or where exactly it was located. I don’t know much about Lexington and was taken there by a friend. It was a pretty upscale place, had valet parking and a patio out back where you could smoke if you wanted. It was kind of set back by itself and had very nice landscaping. You wouldn’t by chance know where I’m talking about would you? If I’m up that way again I would love to go back there. Thanks.

Jody

Jody I dont think that place exists anymore. I think I know the place you were talking about. Dudley's comes to mind. There are very few restaurants one can smoke at these days even in Lexington. 

There is a Cigar Bar called Jakes off Nicholasville road. They have an amazing bourbon bar, humidor and you can bring your own if you're being drinks. It's inside and you'll smell like you were plugging the exhaust on a freight train when you leave, but they are good people/comfy chairs and plenty of TV's to watch your favorite shows. Welcome to contact me anytime.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Squarehead said:

Welcome to the FoH forum Jody and happy smokes:cigar:

Squarehead? My Dad had a good friend in the Army they all called Squarehead. Never heard that name anywhere else. Couldn't help but reach out.

1 minute ago, Ethernut said:

Squarehead? My Dad had a good friend in the Army they all called Squarehead. Never heard that name anywhere else. Couldn't help but reach out.

I was born and raised in Germany and in my profession as an electrician all cables and wires had to be installed basically in a square pattern according to code.So after immigrating to Canada in 1970 people in construction called me Squarehead.So the name stuck.On the other hand be thankful the Germans didn't invent the wheel or it would be square too.Would be an awful rough ride:lol3:

1 hour ago, Squarehead said:

I was born and raised in Germany and in my profession as an electrician all cables and wires had to be installed basically in a square pattern according to code.So after immigrating to Canada in 1970 people in construction called me Squarehead.So the name stuck.On the other hand be thankful the Germans didn't invent the wheel or it would be square too.Would be an awful rough ride:lol3:

Haha great story! So glad Z-Germans didn't invent the wheel!

Thanks for the welcomes. I recognize a few of y’all from elsewhere. I made by first Cuban purchase today, a cabinet of H. Upmann Connie No1 and a cabinet of Juan Lopez Seleccion No2.  Can’t wait for them to arrive. 

Jody

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

Great to have you on board, Jody!

Thanks. Glad to be here. Looking forward to learning all I can and hopefully contributing to the site in some way. Take care. 

Jody

• Like 1