HDM Des Dieux ORE JUN 03 to Carter Hall - Weekend Review Competition

Legendary....nice review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I do not drink Bourbon, or whisky, or any of the like, so I cant personally speak to that Knob Creek 120 proof. 

However, I included a bottle as part of my fathers most recent Christmas gift and he can't stop raving about it. I've been working through the flu for what feels like this entire year so far, but next time I head over to his place for a cigar I will make sure to give it a try.

I'm sure I'll hate it, as I do with most dark/brown liquors,(rum aside) but I wont know for sure until I taste it!

26 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

I do not drink Bourbon, or whisky, or any of the like, so I cant personally speak to that Knob Creek 120 proof. 

However, I included a bottle as part of my fathers most recent Christmas gift and he can't stop raving about it. I've been working through the flu for what feels like this entire year so far, but next time I head over to his place for a cigar I will make sure to give it a try.

I'm sure I'll hate it, as I do with most dark/brown liquors,(rum aside) but I wont know for sure until I taste it!

Cory, bourbon has to be tasted a little differently than most spirits. But that 120 proof of knob Creek is huge spice and maple syrup. If when you taste it, take a quarter thimbleful in your mouth no more. Wash your pallet with it and exhale to let the evaporating alcohol out. Taste it with your full pallet. You will pick up the viscous vanilla and maple syrup and kind of, at least understand why people like it. The spice is there too which I love.  Wish you came through Lexington at some point, be happy to put on a master class for you Sir.