Monte Petite No 2 unknown code: ode to 47-52 RG review

I received this stick en tubo from friends that visited Cuba several months ago.  It has been a climating in my 70/60 humidor for 60days. Swilling Deschutes Black Butte Porter along with it.  Pre light, bland aroma.  Draw was firm. First 1/2-3/4" refused to burn. Some noted cocoa in the aroma, and toasted tobacco. Also, molasses made an appearance intermittently throughout. Several burn corrections made throughout the stick to the finish. Final third, she swelled like a tic, split the wrapper and began to ravel.  Not my cup of tea. Of late have preferred much thinner cigars.  Still, itwasn't terrible.  A better construction (my guess for the bad burn) would have made it enjoyable.  Mostly got toasted tobacco throughout.  Nothing remarkable. Definitely grateful to have tried it. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

After reading the price increase thread, I think the party flunkies over there a Tabacuba should stop by here and read some of the reviews of their cigars...

Thanks for the review mate! Cheers! -Piggy

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TheMonk said:

Nice job, shame about the burn!

Was a constant struggle. Hate my Sunday afternoon smoke to be a PITA. But I wanted that thing out of the humidor!  Lol.

My road trip north I had a MUCH better Tatuaje Skinny Monster "Frank" and was a happy Camp W camper when I reached my destination.  

Salvaged the day...  :thumbsup:

• Like 2