Montecristo No.5 RMU NOV 15. Ode to the 40 & 42 ring gauge comp

What can I say? It's probably my favourite cigar just in terms of bang for buck. I love these little buggers.

This is my second cigar of the day and acts as accompaniment to a bit of sorting out for camp next week.

This one's from a box that hasn't disappointed yet so I'm confident it will deliver and it does.

Quite a dark wrapper that simply smells of dark chocolate, never ceases to amaze me and makes me want to bite into it. I've got used to this and don't.

Cocoa and coffee from the start and a hint of something lemony and sweet. Lovely. Burn and draw are both spot on and as I rummage in the garage to find my roll mat I'm surrounded by sweet and bitter smoke.

There isn't much development in flavour just a continuation of all the things I like about these. Touch more woody as it gets hotter towards the end, mainly because my hands have been otherwise occupied and it's hardly been out of my face. But, you can do that with these - not elegant, but functional. Small enough not to get in the way, but delivering the flavour of it's No2 big brother.

A strong cocoa finish with just a little pepperyness end this perfectly. A very pleasant half hour.

Now where's my hammock? I only used it last week...aae7e0a0f600c9730497b3385d5c7f17.jpg

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

• Like 1

Enjoy your trip! Cigars just go hand-in-hand with camping IMO.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1