Large Wineador Build

I'm interested to have you report back as you fill it up and start playing cigar box tetris. I have a similar setup with very little room which, no surprise, leads to problems with circulation, both top and bottom, but I also discovered via the wireless tags, back and front.

I added more fans to address this problem, however this can lead to the compressor kicking on more frequently. It's a delicate game once it starts to get full!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chris12381 said:

I'm interested to have you report back as you fill it up and start playing cigar box tetris. I have a similar setup with very little room which, no surprise, leads to problems with circulation, both top and bottom

A good point. I am always mindful in leaving some space at the back (and down centre as well) to avoid circulation problems. It gets crowded in there. Thats boss level tetris wizardry.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chris12381 said:

I'm interested to have you report back as you fill it up and start playing cigar box tetris. I have a similar setup with very little room which, no surprise, leads to problems with circulation, both top and bottom, but I also discovered via the wireless tags, back and front.

I added more fans to address this problem, however this can lead to the compressor kicking on more frequently. It's a delicate game once it starts to get full! emoji5.png

Thanks for the advice.  I'm currently using 2 fans that come with Bob's humidifer, 1 Oust, and both top and bottom have a fan in the back that runs slowly almost consistently.  That's an interesting point re the condenser and I'll try to keep that in mind re fan placement.  

Luckily I'm at the end of my buying streak, so just a few boxes left.....famous last words.    

• Like 1

18 hours ago, chris12381 said:

I added more fans to address this problem, however this can lead to the compressor kicking on more frequently. It's a delicate game once it starts to get full! emoji5.png

... not to give unsolicited advice, but... this is not a problem. The cooling system, compressor or otherwise, should run as often as needed to support an environment. It all depends on what you are after when you put your cigars in an active cooler. Some seek 'the cold' while others (like me) seek controlled stability. It depends on your focus and what you will settle for.

I prefer rapid cycles, ones with very little variation in amplitude. A constant state of minor change does not bother me; that happens everywhere and the hysteresis of any 'affected' product, such as the cigar, will play a role. Somewhere one must decide what is okay for a cigar to experience, and what is not okay. We all do this naturally when we decide not to store cigars on the kitchen table. All those that wish to administer a humidor must make the judgment. Some of us do it blindly and others test for results... but we all do it.

Controlling cycles of cooler is one of the major problems with controlled humidor storage. Fans causing a system to run often is an indicator that the system is out of balance, and the fans bring it back in balance by forcing additional control.

Stagnant air (water) appears to a single sensor as stability. Knowing this you must force the sensor to see the 'whole' or at least most of the humidor with circulation or you are not controlling the whole humidor, just part of it...

Cheers! -Piggy

• Like 2