My new Hotel Nacional ashtray.

They sold in 4 minutes. Someone who used to be very active here but is suspiciously quiet since being called out as a flipper auctioned off a medium sized one for $160 on eBay recently.

• Like 3

On 3/6/2017 at 10:20 PM, SenorPerfecto said:

These are available at the Concierge counter (souvenirs) at the Nacional for 20 CUC. There are a few models but these are the medium sized version of the classic ashtray. I bought the exact same selection of two -- pink and gray. Not huge, but also light enough to drag around Cuba for a week!

Actually, these are the size that sold for 31 CUC each.  A bit over 7" diameter.  

On 3/7/2017 at 10:37 AM, boopdeep said:

The concierge counter had about a dozen different types of the ones pictured in the original post for 20 CUC.  The next size up were 31 CUC, and I only saw one of these while there, and I bought it!  They sell larger ones as well, but did not have any in stock while I was visiting late-February.  

Actually, these are the 31 CUC size....measure just over 7" diameter

38 minutes ago, CopperHeaD said:

Actually, these are the 31 CUC size....measure just over 7" diameter

Sorry about that!! Hard to tell size without a reference in the photos.  Good snag- I only saw 1 that size during 4 visits over the week.  

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Pharmacovigilant said:

Finally had a pleasant evening outside so I pressed the new accoutrement, henceforth known as "The Big Piece", into service.

Thank you CopperHeaD !  The Big Piece will forever be treasured, and your thoughtfulness never forgotten. Perfect example of what being a Brother/Sister of the Leaf is all about.

IMG_3689.thumb.JPG.e54720f6cceafb77d81dff01a65db7d5.JPG

Glad you finally got an opportunity to enjoy it!  Ash it up, Brother!!  Christened with an Upmann.....Nice choice!  Somehow, looks even nicer with that beautiful stick!