Going to Miami

Hello all,

Will be going to Miami this summer with the wife and daughter. We will be staying at a friend's house near SW 38th St and SW 109th Ave. Do any of you can recommend some good cigar shops in this area ? I will have a car at my disposal.

Thanks

I live "in Miami", but a decent distance from where you are going to be and I also don't frequent shops as much as others may...so take my advice as you will as more guys comment. But I think Calle Ocho (Little Havana Cigar Factory, etc.) are worth a drive. I buy a decent amount of (mostly non cigar) stuff from them and seems they have a good selection of NCs (Opus X I know they'll usually have a pretty steady selection of different ones and harder to find stuff). I think they're pretty closely affiliated w some of the brands down there. Again, I don't follow it that closely and hardly ever buy NCs so just my passive observation. Next door is also a place called Ball n Chain that has outdoor music and is a great place to smoke a cigar if you catch it on the right day especially w music. Calle Ocho is a hike from where you're at. An easy but 30-40 min drive. But lots of good music food and partying if you're in the mood.

A bit closer is Neptune Cigar down on Dixie. I have been there once and was there for all of 3 min, but I go to their store in Ft Lauderdale on occasion for (again mostly non cigar) random stuff. They seem to have a decent selection of NCs. It's a decent place if you need smokes or accessories, but not as much a "desination" as a half day on Calle Ocho in my mind (again I don't smoke a ton of NC). 

Hope this helps. 

37 minutes ago, El Hoze said:

I live "in Miami", but a decent distance from where you are going to be and I also don't frequent shops as much as others may...so take my advice as you will as more guys comment. But I think Calle Ocho (Little Havana Cigar Factory, etc.) are worth a drive. I buy a decent amount of (mostly non cigar) stuff from them and seems they have a good selection of NCs (Opus X I know they'll usually have a pretty steady selection of different ones and harder to find stuff). I think they're pretty closely affiliated w some of the brands down there. Again, I don't follow it that closely and hardly ever buy NCs so just my passive observation. Next door is also a place called Ball n Chain that has outdoor music and is a great place to smoke a cigar if you catch it on the right day especially w music. Calle Ocho is a hike from where you're at. An easy but 30-40 min drive. But lots of good music food and partying if you're in the mood.

A bit closer is Neptune Cigar down on Dixie. I have been there once and was there for all of 3 min, but I go to their store in Ft Lauderdale on occasion for (again mostly non cigar) random stuff. They seem to have a decent selection of NCs. It's a decent place if you need smokes or accessories, but not as much a "desination" as a half day on Calle Ocho in my mind (again I don't smoke a ton of NC). 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks a lot for the info, i will surely check these places. Since you live in Miami, i f i may ask you another question, since i will have a car, i would like to go to Key Largo and Key West, i have been told that this can take over 3 hours to get there. Can you confirm ?

Yes. Key Largo is about a 90 min drive from where you are, it's up at the north end of keys. Some cool bars, great fishing, fun time. You really are in a different world when you hit Key Largo. Key West is another 100 miles from there, it will take you another two hours and a half. Great drive, but bit of a haul. Key West is yet another world unto itself. You really have "The Keys" (think a little live music at Sunset, in bed by 10pm, up for sunrise and fishing) and then Key West (whatever floats your boat so to speak nightlife-wise and much more of a party generally speaking - little Vegas, little New orleans.) Personally, I am not a big fan of Key West yet have had few bad nights there I'll just say that! 

• Like 1

Just now, El Hoze said:

Yes. Key Largo is about a 90 min drive from where you are, it's up at the north end of keys. Some cool bars, great fishing, fun time. You really are in a different world when you hit Key Largo. Key West is another 100 miles from there, it will take you another two hours and a half. Great drive, but bit of a haul. Key West is yet another world unto itself. You really have "The Keys" (think a little live music at Sunset, in bed by 10pm, up for sunrise and fishing) and then Key West (whatever floats your boat so to speak nightlife-wise and much more of a party generally speaking - little Vegas, little New orleans.) Personally, I am not a big fan of Key West yet have had few bad nights there I'll just say that! 

Thanks for the info, Sounds like a lot of fun. Would be a shame to pass the occasion to see those two places.

4 hours ago, jazzboypro said:

Thanks for the info, Sounds like a lot of fun. Would be a shame to pass the occasion to see those two places.

Make no mistake, Key West is a drinking town.  Aside from fishing, there's not a lot else there to do.  I'm not judging, I'm quite fond of drinking, but a day or two there is plenty.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JohnInCleveland said:

Make no mistake, Key West is a drinking town.  Aside from fishing, there's not a lot else there to do.  I'm not judging, I'm quite fond of drinking, but a day or two there is plenty.  

We are planning on staying one day only and come back to Miami for the rest of our vacation