Mardi Gras/New Orleans

I will be heading down to New Orleans next Monday for work :D I will be in town until early Friday morning. I know we have a few members in the area, it would be great to meet up some where around town for a smoke if anyone is available. I've been to New Orleans before, but this is my first time for Mardi Gras. I am excited to witness the spectacle, if anybody else will be around let me know. 

Are you working on Tuesday?  Hopefully not since the city is totally shut down.  Dont over do it Monday night (unless you wanna pull an all nighter) so you can hit the street early on Fat Tuesday.  Get to the quarter at 830ish (am) and lose the rest of the day in splendor.  Be sure to bring some kind of costume even just a mask.  This magically makes you part of fun, not just an observer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, busdriver said:

Btw......look for a brown pirate float on Royal street that is blasting bounce music.  I am the green merman who is smoking a cigar.

This would mean something totally different if it were the Sydney Mardi Gras.... not that there's anything wrong with that.:D

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

This would mean something totally different if it were the Sydney Mardi Gras.... not that there's anything wrong with that.:D

The costume contest on Bourbon street MG morning is also a spectacular.  ;)

23 minutes ago, PuffDaddie said:

Good advise from Brandonw. Come out to Metairie,La ten miles from New Orleans to Don Juan cigar shop and say hello.

I should be free most of the day wednesday. I can probably make it up that way around lunch if you'll be around. 

22 minutes ago, busdriver said:

Are you working on Tuesday?  Hopefully not since the city is totally shut down.  Dont over do it Monday night (unless you wanna pull an all nighter) so you can hit the street early on Fat Tuesday.  Get to the quarter at 830ish (am) and lose the rest of the day in splendor.  Be sure to bring some kind of costume even just a mask.  This magically makes you part of fun, not just an observer.

Working thursday, in Jackson, MS actually. I have a cousin living just south of the fairgrounds race track, so Ill be staying with her Monday and tuesday night. She and her husband have lived in town for about 5 years now so hopefully they steer me in the right direction. Ill keep an eye out for you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

I should be free most of the day wednesday. I can probably make it up that way around lunch if you'll be around. 

Working thursday, in Jackson, MS actually. I have a cousin living just south of the fairgrounds race track, so Ill be staying with her Monday and tuesday night. She and her husband have lived in town for about 5 years now so hopefully they steer me in the right direction. Ill keep an eye out for you. 

There are a million different ways to experience Mardi Gras, each as special as the other.   Since your cousin has lived through a few they probably have thier routine mapped out.  It is bound to be fantastic! 

On 2/20/2017 at 7:47 PM, PuffDaddie said:

Good advise from Brandonw. Come out to Metairie,La ten miles from New Orleans to Don Juan cigar shop and say hello.

I am planning to swing by the shop Monday on my way into town from the airport. I dont travel with my good lighters so I will need to pick one up. Will you be in around 3 tomorrow?