Any experience with Punch 48 (LCDH)?

I see only one vendor listing these, and it surprises me who it is (which actually doesn't surprise me). I really don't think these have been released yet unless it happened less than 8 hours ago. No pics exist outside of the Christoph Puszkar photos posted 2/2 and no update has been given since then as far as I can tell. I just find it odd that this one vendor (based in central Europe) that is quite well known has them and no one else in the world including LCDHs seem to have them. So again, unless they began arriving very early this morning, these have not yet been released.  

It's possible this vendor somehow confirmed they are on the way in a shipment in a few days and is hoping they arrive in time to ship without delay, which isn't usually the best idea. Claiming they are in stock when they're not and strangely, no one else in the world has them in order to get hot money in the door is a less than upstanding move, IMO--not to mention their actual allocation could differ from their expectations and exceed supply. Unless these start popping up elsewhere literally today, something's fishy and they still haven't hit any shelves.

12 minutes ago, hellorockview12 said:

They're on the shelves in Cuba and starting to show up on the secondary market already.  I've heard good things from a picky palette!

Do you know how much they are selling for in Cuba?  I'm definitely interested in this release providing the price is reasonable.

Never mind.  I just found some info online.

1 hour ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I see only one vendor listing these, and it surprises me who it is (which actually doesn't surprise me). I really don't think these have been released yet unless it happened less than 8 hours ago. No pics exist outside of the Christoph Puszkar photos posted 2/2 and no update has been given since then as far as I can tell. I just find it odd that this one vendor (based in central Europe) that is quite well known has them and no one else in the world including LCDHs seem to have them. So again, unless they began arriving very early this morning, these have not yet been released.  

It's possible this vendor somehow confirmed they are on the way in a shipment in a few days and is hoping they arrive in time to ship without delay, which isn't usually the best idea. Claiming they are in stock when they're not and strangely, no one else in the world has them in order to get hot money in the door is a less than upstanding move, IMO--not to mention their actual allocation could differ from their expectations and exceed supply. Unless these start popping up elsewhere literally today, something's fishy and they still haven't hit any shelves.

I have no direct experience with the vendor, but based on reviews at "you know where" the vendor seems generally reputable.  That being said, I definitely agree that it's odd no LCDH locations are advertising stock.  I'm also curious if the vendor's advertised price for the Punch 48 is in line with what we will see from LCDH locations.

10 minutes ago, shlomo said:

I am very excited for these in the $80-$100 range. In the $200-$220, its an easy pass. VERY easy...

Plenty in Havana and Varadero over the past couple weeks.

I'm sure it'll pop up on CCF and other forums for $400+ and guys will go nuts on them.

I also saw them listed for sale by the one vendor. I reached out to a contact at a LCDH to try and get some more information and he had none to give. Maybe the vendor bought some boxes at retail, (or close to it) in Cuba, applied a markup of his own and was able to be the first to market. That would explain the seemingly high price for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Dmpotocek said:

I also saw them listed for sale by the one vendor. I reached out to a contact at a LCDH to try and get some more information and he had none to give. Maybe the vendor bought some boxes at retail, (or close to it) in Cuba, applied a markup of his own and was able to be the first to market. That would explain the seemingly high price for them.

Possibly, and I'd want the vendor to confirm that provenance. I'm not sure how many boxes could be procured there by this vendor but they've been listed all day, and the vendor is quite popular, so I'm surprised they're not already out of stock. I mean, Rob sells out here in less than 10 mins for things not even close to as hot as these are at the moment. I don't know, just seems a bit off to me. And while I have used this vendor in a very limited way in the past and never had an issue, I have heard a couple things in passing about them that raise an eyebrow. One was in regards to a high-priced EL. 

3 hours ago, Mattb82 said:

I saw pics on Facebook of a guy that has six boxes he bought in Cuba but haven't seen them anywhere else. 

That guy is a friend-he told me boxes are gone (at least when he was there) and that those he had reserved for him

2 hours ago, seattledude said:

$83 in Cuba

Thanks for the info.  If boxes are $83 at LCDH locations in Cuba then the European vendor's price is ridiculous.  I hope he chokes on those overpriced boxes.  I'll just wait until the Punch 48 is available from European LCDH shops.  There's no need to deal with a scalper.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MahDooRow said:

Thanks for the info.  If boxes are $83 at LCDH locations in Cuba then the European vendor's price is ridiculous.  I hope he chokes on those overpriced boxes.  I'll just wait until the Punch 48 is available from European LCDH shops.  There's no need to deal with a scalper.

Every vendor sells LEs and LCDH releases at wild prices. RA Superiores are a very common example. 54cuc in Cuba, 100-130 most places online, including here.

Today I received a "Punch 48" pre-order announcement from a European LCDH location.  The price for a box of 10 is 125 Euros and shipping is expected in mid-March.  Based on my experience with this particular LCDH they are usually more expensive than their LCDH competitors, but 125 Euros still seems pretty reasonable.

2 hours ago, MahDooRow said:

Today I received a "Punch 48" pre-order announcement from a European LCDH location.  The price for a box of 10 is 125 Euros and shipping is expected in mid-March.  Based on my experience with this particular LCDH they are usually more expensive than their LCDH competitors, but 125 Euros still seems pretty reasonable.

Received the same and was surprised they were so much less than the vendor that had them in stock 

11 hours ago, mwaller said:

FWIW, the vendor confirmed that they do have the Punch 48 in stock, and my boxes should ship out in the next day or two.  Fingers crossed....

And they're still showing as in stock with no other vendor I know of offering these yet. Wow. I hope you don't receive an email about delayed shipping. They've no doubt sold dozens of boxes if not hundreds by now, and I just don't know how they'd be able to procure that many in Cuba. The mystery deepens...

3 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

And they're still showing as in stock with no other vendor I know of offering these yet. Wow. I hope you don't receive an email about delayed shipping. They've no doubt sold dozens of boxes if not hundreds by now, and I just don't know how they'd be able to procure that many in Cuba. The mystery deepens...

Something definitely doesn't pass the sniff test