how the hell does he do this?????

My two favorite guys are David Blaine and a guy by the name of Ricky Jay.  

Ricky Jay ran this special on HBO many years ago and then I came across this other video of him on playing poker.  Crazy stuff here.  

I remember seeing him in a movie on DVD a few years back. He was hired by a bunch of guys (forest work crew) to represent them in a poker game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

When I was about 10 years old I remember a magic shop at a local flea market my mother used to go to.  I saved and saved and saved to buy that particular card trick because I was so curious how it worked.  The guy who ran the thing would only show you the trick if you bought it.  And of course once I bought it and realized how it worked I was extremely disappointed.  I wonder if that deck of cards is still around somewhere.  It's a very impressive card trick for sure.  

sent it to a few mates. one, who is extremely clever about such things (not that i'd tell him), came back with this.

and yes, he is a smartarse.

"Dunno how he did it, but if you look at tho top card, there is a picture of the animated character in only one orientation. If you look very closely as he flips through the cards, you can see, almost hidden, the little man in the opposite orientation, almost obscured by the fact that he is gripping the cards from the end where the hidden little man is. 

My guess is that the second concealed little men are all the last card in the animation, each with a different card value on the drawing. He has a touch based system of recognising the cards, and using sleight of hand pulls out the one marked with the 7H, reverses it and puts it on the bottom just before he fans them so that it appears as the last card.

Why yes, I am a spoilsport. Thank you for noticing."

The 'trick', as I understand it, is the years - often decades - that it takes to build the skills needed to accomplish such sleight of hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro