First Order - C&C's

martinr

Just placed and received my first order of Cigars. As im a complete noobie, i wanted to start out with a selection, and to start off with some C&C.

So this is what i got, 1 of each of the following, would appreciate your thoughts and input.

most of these i came across while reading through this section of the forum.

1 x Bolivar - no.3

1 x H. Upmann - Corona Major

1 x H. Upmann - Corona Minor

1 x Jose L Piedra - Cazadores

1 x Padron - Corticos Madura (ok not a CC but thought id give it a try) (wow it smells very different)

1 x Partagas - Chicos

1 x Partagas - Coronas Junior

1 x Punch - Coronations

1 x Punch - Petit Coronations

1 x Quintero - Brevas

1 x Quintero - Favouritos

1 x Quintero - Nacionales

1 x Quintero - Panetelas

1 x RomeoYJulieta - No. 1

1 x RomeoYJulieta - No. 2

1 x RomeoYJulieta - No. 3

And for the life of me i cant tell which is which between the Brevas and the Nacionales....one is darker and the other lighter, but apart from that they are the same length and ring size....i posted a question elsewhere in another thread, but if anyone can help out it would be appreciated.

Cheers, and looking forward to starting my journey in cigars. (previously ive only smoked Port Colts which i didnt like, and Henri Winterman Half Coronas which i thought were ok. Never smoked a proper Cuban,,......so any suggestions on which one i should have first ? or which first few ?

Thanks all! Love the forum!

Martin

Enjoy the journey! Brands often taste very similar to each other, even across different sizes. I'd keep experimenting with different brands to find what you like blend-wise, and then hone in on the best size for you.

Tastes change over time, but at least you did it right and are trying different cigars before committing to a box.

Thanks all for the replies, and RoRo thats what i was thinking, just to try through a variety of different things and see what really stands out for me.... i must admit i am looking forward to the day i buy a box though :-)

Welcome to the forum, Martin. Enjoy smoking through your stash.

Thanks Stogieluver, i'm looking forward to having the first one, and each after that, but im waiting for saturday to have the first. Thats my chance to really sit back, relax and take my time with it :-)

Nice collection enjoy.spotlight.gif

Thanks PuffDaddie, any hints tips or suggestions ?

Don't put the lit end in your mouth. hot.gif

Apart from that, relax and enjoy the ride. 2thumbs.gif

Thanks Fuzz ! i think i got that bit down pat now :-)...... you know.....trial an error and all that! shead.giflmao.gif

Thanks Fuzz ! i think i got that bit down pat now :-)...... you know.....trial an error and all that! shead.giflmao.gif

Best to be sure, one never can tell.

Oh, and just because the call the other leaf the "wrapper", it doesn't mean you need to remove it to smoke! tongue.png

Best to be sure, one never can tell.

Oh, and just because the call the other leaf the "wrapper", it doesn't mean you need to remove it to smoke! tongue.png

I wondered why my cigars were ending up soooo thin ! :-)

Thanks all for the replies, and RoRo thats what i was thinking, just to try through a variety of different things and see what really stands out for me.... i must admit i am looking forward to the day i buy a box though :-)

I remember my first box of havanas - a 2007 dress box of RASS. Still my top cigar.

When I had both the Brevas and the Nacionals I recall the Brevas having the darker shade of wrapper.

Not sure where you should start. I really like the Quintero's, Bolivar, Partagas and Romeo's. So those are the ones I would reach for first.

Enjoy and let us know what you think of them.ok.gif

I remember my first box of havanas - a 2007 dress box of RASS. Still my top cigar.

Hi RoRo, sorry for being a noob, but is RASS, Ramon Allones Specially Selected ?

• Like 2

When I had both the Brevas and the Nacionals I recall the Brevas having the darker shade of wrapper.

Not sure where you should start. I really like the Quintero's, Bolivar, Partagas and Romeo's. So those are the ones I would reach for first.

Enjoy and let us know what you think of them.ok.gif

Thanks ksblazer, i'll have to go look at them tonight after work and see which is which.

I think im going to start with the Quintero Brevas :-)

Didnt get a chance at all over the weekend to have a cigar....so im kinda hoping i get the chance tonight. We shall see hungry.gif

Hi RoRo, sorry for being a noob, but is RASS, Ramon Allones Specially Selected ?

Hey, everyone is new sooner or later! Yeah, I'm lazy and RASS is the mighty humble Ramon Allones robusto!

Hey, everyone is new sooner or later! Yeah, I'm lazy and RASS is the mighty humble Ramon Allones robusto!

so is this particular cigar...highly praised ?