Small Travel Pouch that holds all the extra crap

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Have been toying with one of these for a while for heading out with.  I currently use the Upmann Robsusto travel Humidor, but, of course it is limited to what it holds, so lighter, cutter etc are in pockets and a pain in the arse.  I happened upon this one also, which personally I think is more aesthetically pleasing than the Peter James, I do love the idea of the cedar box in it, similar if not the same price as the Peter James.  https://www.puroprestige.com/the-hemingway-edition/

Actually just noticed that in the UK, the peter james is pushing £300 so the Hemingway is actually cheaper, be interested to see if anyone has seen one in the flesh.

Edited by Scotty
More info

Decided to order this today, will let you all know what it's like, but I have to say, personally I think it looks beautiful.  It takes cigars up to 6.5 inches and 60rg, granted only 4, but that's certainly enough for trips out.  It certainly seems to be more durable or more protective of the cigars than the basic (without metal insert) Peter James, though the brown PJs do look lovely themselves.

Puro_prestige_25_5_17_-011-600x400.jpg

Puro_prestige_25_5_17_-020-600x400.jpg

Puro_prestige_25_5_17_-016-1000x700.jpg

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Scotty said:

My new case arrived today, so as promised, some quick snaps to see what people think as I prepare it for Upmann Saturday.

That's a nice case as well. One of the (many) things I like about the PJ case is that it's made by them (if I read correctly). That means something to me. I couldn't find any info about where / who makes the Prestige case.

I hope you will post updates in future as to wear, durability, etc.

24 minutes ago, sarkozy said:

You've been posting similar "ads" on Club Habanos on Facebook on behalf of your "mate" the owner of Puro Prestige. You've been outed!

What on earth makes you suggest that?

19 minutes ago, Colt45 said:

That's a nice case as well. One of the (many) things I like about the PJ case is that it's made by them (if I read correctly). That means something to me. I couldn't find any info about where / who makes the Prestige case.

I hope you will post updates in future as to wear, durability, etc.

Oh I do like the PJ, it was the "bendy ness" that made me look at other things, plus, it's easier to buy from the UK for me.  I am hoping this thing wears in and takes on a bit of a tattered look over time.

1 hour ago, Pixa said:

Adorini now make one of these type of cases. 1/3 of the price plostrich one

Link?

I think these holders are way too expensive but for sure they look good. Handmade and good leather are expensive, I know.

By the way does anyone know the Kind of leather used?

EDIT: Peter James is full-grain.

• Like 1

Link?

I think these holders are way too expensive but for sure they look good. Handmade and good leather are expensive, I know.

By the way does anyone know the Kind of leather used?

Did not want to link to retailers as also cigar seller but for sale from few places in uk about £85 mark

Here is the halfwheel article
http://halfwheel.com/adorini-bringing-new-cutter-cigar-bag-ipcpr-2017/161547
  • Like 1

This is what it says about the leather on the PJ case I have.

The Peter James Leather Cigar Case holds everything you need. Hand made in North America using full-grain, aniline finished leather and contained by a durable American made metal zipper, this product is not only convenient, but acts as a statement piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Nekhyludov
7 hours ago, Pixa said:

Did not want to link to retailers as also cigar seller but for sale from few places in uk about £85 mark

Here is the halfwheel article
http://halfwheel.com/adorini-bringing-new-cutter-cigar-bag-ipcpr-2017/161547

Thanks for the link @Pixa. I have a couple of Adorini humidors and have always been pleased with the quality. This is definitely going on my wishlist. 

Often spending a lot on something once and having it basically forever makes more sense than spending less a number of times and never having the same satisfaction.

What one person thinks is crazy another may think is logical, it depends on what you value any given item or experience. Many would think what we spend on cigars is crazy, most of us feel the pleasure we get back makes it well worth the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 7/21/2017 at 4:50 PM, Scotty said:

it was the "bendy ness" that made me look at other things

That's one of the things I like about the PJ case, though I can appreciate the idea of the cedar box in the Prestige case. I would not be concerned about protection with the PJ case.

5 hours ago, MaxG said:

They are way too expensive.

Three bills is nothing to sneeze at, but compared to some other custom leather goods, it's a bargain.

Where I might differ in outlook with some of these type of things is how they are sometimes portrayed / advertised as luxury goods designed to make a statement. Yes, they are luxury goods. But I've found that quality leather wears like iron and can be quite utilitarian. That's how I view it, anyway.

A beverage bladder option (™ C45) might be a viable option :wink2:

Three bills is nothing to sneeze at, but compared to some other custom leather goods, it's a bargain.

Where I might differ in outlook with some of these type of things is how they are sometimes portrayed / advertised as luxury goods designed to make a statement. Yes, they are luxury goods. But I've found that quality leather wears like iron and can be quite utilitarian. That's how I view it, anyway.

A beverage bladder option ( C45) might be a viable option :wink2:

I was all set to buy a peter James case cause they are stunning but they wanted 80usd shipping to uk time add that and vat in uk was coming in at 500 usd. I can get a custom hand made one to my spec one of a kind for that sort of money so sadly passed on it. They would not move to a reasonable priced courier.

54 minutes ago, Pixa said:

I was all set to buy a peter James case cause they are stunning but they wanted 80usd shipping to uk time add that and vat in uk was coming in at 500 usd. I can get a custom hand made one to my spec one of a kind for that sort of money so sadly passed on it. They would not move to a reasonable priced courier.

Time to contact canadian members.

This was just showcased at IPCPR 2017 by smokngear. Retails for $89.99 and seems to have a few features that the other don't. Magnetic to put on your bike,  golf bag, frig etc, zipper back end to store on your belt. Pouches for boveda packet, hard shell, removable pouches inside to store lighter/cutter. Looks pretty practical and much cheaper than the others travel pouches mentioned here.  I wonder how they keep the cigar lit while riding 120 mph...