Powers John's Lane 12

MrGTO

Just checking to see if anybody likes this whiskey. I picked up a bottle last Saturday for my birthday and I'm pretty impressed. I love some Red Breast and Powers but this was just something that I haven't had yet.

This is a great whiskey. one of the best Irish whiskeys in my opinion but Powers Gold Label has always been my favourite whiskey.

This one, a pure pot still, still has the "spicy marmalade" of Powers but it's a bit more "flinty", if that makes any sense at all.

This is quite well priced for what it is too.

It's a very tasty Irish whiskey, It has deep sweet flavors with some spice that finishes smooth. I need to find a good cigar to pair with it. If I had any Mag 50s that would be my choice with the reviews I've heard about it. I do have some Short Churchills I might pair up with the whiskey soon.

Everytime Powers is mentioned I have to show this picture.

My dad bottled his own Powers until 1966 when the distillery took over 100% of the bottling. There is one bottle of it left somewhere.

Until then, Powers Gold Label was the stuff bottled by the distillery, which was at that time still at John's Lane in Dublin, and Powers White Label was aged and bottled by publicans. After 1966 there was only distillery-bottled Powers Gold Label, until about '00 when they started bringing out age-statement whiskey.

post-3053-0-28947200-1444388267_thumb.jp

• Like 2