New Cohiba Band - printing irregularities

archosaur

First off I should clarify that this cigar is not suspect. It is a Cohiba Robusto (A/T), MUO JUL 14. Not from host but a well respected vendor. This is more informational to document variation in the fancy new Cohiba bands.

Was curious if others have seen any printing issues with the new bands - in particular here, you can see the alignment of the holographic head is not perfect.

Cigar came from a 5x3 of tubos, two of the 3 packs had the printing issues, the others were dead on.

post-5341-0-37236200-1437526274_thumb.jp

post-5341-0-89217600-1437526244_thumb.jp

Interesting. I wouldn't want to talk for others but I for one have gotten paranoid over slight irregularities once or twice. So nice to have details of what can be expected or about your personal findings. Thanks for taking the time to share!

• Like 1

I have to be honest that I did a double take myself when I first saw this.

But putting it all together...respected vendor, construction and aroma are both excellent, the rest of the packaging totally in order (tubos, cardboard packs & outer box, the holographic printing), I'm 100% confident this is a minor printing alignment problem.

Good observation and thanks for the pic. Check out this band and how poor it is. Definitely a fake that was given to me by some drunk dude at a bar who told me he got them in Cuba. Terrible fake but smells good and probably rolled from cuban tobacco. 502eb31e2778b59bff2b9c8fce0998fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I stopped worrying about the appearance of the bands several years ago when I saw both NC and cheap CC with printing irregularities.

• 5 months later...

Apparently, the Cohiba anti-counterfeit bands are so well designed that not even they can reliably reproduce them ;)

I am lucky (but now poor, too) and have three full boxes of CORO from our host. With a quick inspection, I was able to find at least one similar band misprint in each box (BOR AGO 15, ROM AGO 15, EML MAY 15). So, I'm 100% convinced this is another case of "Cuba being Cuba".

Here's an image of three examples from my BOR AGO 15 box:post-25620-0-65452300-1454115820_thumb.j

Now, my whole kitchen smells like fresh CORO and I'm salivating ceaselessly. The sacrifices we make in the name of science. :)