Saint Luis Rey - Pacificos ER 2009 Asia Pacifico

RG: 52

Length: 156 mm

Optics:

The cigar is wrapped in a nearly flawless wrapper. Only a small fermentation spot spoils the appearance. The maduro-colored wrapper has a beautiful and even veins. The greasy impression downright increases the appetite.

blogger-image--1068309591.jpg

Coldsmell:

The first impression of cold smell is relatively mild. Sweet with significant aromas of milk chocolate. In the background are detectable aromas of dried garden herbs.

1st third:

As a first impression while smoking the description "old cupboard" I get in mind. This is not meant negatively. It refers to an impression old, seasoned wood. A kind of varnish, as it is known by wine. An aromatic component is made of sandalwood and some menthol. Overall, the first impression is nice and round.

2nd third:

The mid section the woodiness increases. Also intensify the flavors of garden herbs. Furthermore, the cigar offers a wonderful complexity.

blogger-image-547025723.jpg

3rd third:

Towards the end, the cigar becomes, as expected, increasingly stronger. The woody aromas decrease in favor of leather. The varnish has completely disappeared. In its place, a pleasant spiciness has entered.

The photos and the tasting was taken from my cigar-blog.

• Like 2

So do you believe them worthy of the price of entry for a box? Perhaps a tad bit rhetorical my question, but it's a fair amount of coin to drop on a box. I personally would want a great cigar (blend) to begin with, to now with age be showing a full expression of all its flavor subtleties and nuances.

Have held off on pulling the trigger on these a few times so just looking your gentlemen's input.

Mahalo Prez and DonAlexandro in advance.

Sure, the Cubans call the last time pretty hefty prices. Although I paid a very good price, I have only two of these cigars. What a pity. frown.gif

The question for a great blend can be surely demand among many cigars. In this case, I would say a very good, but normal blend with an extraordinary shape. If you can get a couple and are happy with the price: grab a few! Certainly not a mistake. ok.gif

Very few Cuban cigars I smoke fresh. I personally stocked cigar for a few years before I smoke. One of the cigars that I like fresh, is the new Montecristo - Petit No. 2. And I'm excited to see how it has developed in a few years.

Cheers!

So do you believe them worthy of the price of entry for a box? Perhaps a tad bit rhetorical my question, but it's a fair amount of coin to drop on a box. I personally would want a great cigar (blend) to begin with, to now with age be showing a full expression of all its flavor subtleties and nuances.

Have held off on pulling the trigger on these a few times so just looking your gentlemen's input.

Mahalo Prez and DonAlexandro in advance.