Dictador Rum

polarbear

Anybody here tried it?

Had the pleasure of trying the 12 year old this weekend when meeting up with the rep and found it to be quite decent. Not as sweet as I normally like but still a good inclusion to the "traditional rum" market

Anybody here tried it?

Had the pleasure of trying the 12 year old this weekend when meeting up with the rep and found it to be quite decent. Not as sweet as I normally like but still a good inclusion to the "traditional rum" market

never heard of it. from?

Anybody here tried it?

Had the 12 and the 20. Both were good, the 20 wasn't a whole lot better than the 12 IMO, but it was definitely different and both are quite unique rums. Apparently the xo insolent is amazing! Keen to try it for sure.

never heard of it. from?

I think its from Columbia.

There was tasting event here in Sydney last week. They have a line of rum, gin and cigars (6 in the range), all Colombian, I believe. Beyond that, don't know much about them.

From the run down the rep gave me,

Dictador are a Columbian company producing a line of rums, gins, coffee and cigars

They offer 2 gins, a standard type GnT type gin and another that has Aged in Tangerine Peel for 10 years (I think). The Gins aren't available down under though but they're coming :-(

They do a line of coffee that I've not heard much about and is also not here

Their line of cigars are Dominican made (not sure about the blend) and were blended by an Aussie guy living in SA. Apparently each of the 3 lines is meant to be paired with either the Dictador rum, coffee or gin.

The cigar should be available here shortly. I've tried a couple and found them to be quite decent (if you like Non Cubans)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I had a bottle of the Dictador rum (Ken - Columbian rum). Got it from a past MegaHerf event, where no one was really bidding on it in the silent auction. The label is/was a bit confusing, and you almost had to read the fine print to realize it was a bottle of rum, and not cognac or something different. When I won it, a whole bunch of people were like "wow, I didn't realize that was rum!"

It was okay (I think it was a 12 year old rum), but nothing special either. Seemed too hot and thin of a rum - not really overly flavourful, or with nice legs. Definitely wouldn't put it on even keel with some of the better known sipping rums. I think I relatively finished off the bottle as simple rum-and-coke mixer. I also think I've recently seen it available for retail purchase here in Ontario, Canada, and fairly expensive too, for what it is.

Met with them in Dortmund last tradeshow, the rep is a Dutch guy.

Here in Europe they import Colombian rum, coffee and cigars through Polish headquarters into the EU

They carry rum, coffee and cigars. My travel companion liked the rum well enough, like CanuckSARTech siad nothing special.

I tested the coffee which was a nice blend and the cigars, which were too wet to be properly smoked, but indicated a heavy blend.