? NC Cigar Question ?

I have a friend that has decided to enter the great world of cigars. I have an old unused humidor I would like to fill and surprise him with for his birthday next week. Mind you he is new to smoking cigars so he does not know a Swisher Sweet from a Cohiba. (not going to give him any Swisher's) My question is, since he only has a zip lock bag with 4 cigars he bought at the local B&M, I'm going to fill my old desktop 100ct humidor with some NC sticks. What would you guys suggest for the newbie? I like the Schizo's and Bombs Away Magnums, however I started out with Red Dots. He is a friend and I love him to death but I'm not going to fill it with Red Dots, but I do want to start him out with some decent low cost sticks. Any help would be great.

San Lotano Connecticut are good if you're looking for a milder smoke

Tatuaje is a staple in my humidors. I especially like the brown label line

Fuente have a number of very good lines that range in price

Room 101 Daruma and Namakubi are very interesting and worth looking at

If he can handle something on the stronger side I'd look at Roma Craft, Both lines are great

You can t go wrong with Padron, theres a stick for every budget

Liga Privada Undercrowns have a good following and they are a quality smoke

Illisone have a great collection of lines, their Rothchild is a fav of mine

Oliva are great. A stick for every budget. The Serie V and Melano are top notch (but a tad pricy)

If he can handle something on the stronger side I'd look at Roma Craft, Both lines are great

Oliva are great. A stick for every budget. The Serie V and Melano are top notch (but a tad pricy)

I agree with the above but for my experience I can categorically say the following are great

Oliva Serie V Melanio (Brilliant!)

Padron's in general but seriously, you can't go wrong with Padron 3000's (Which are a great staple) and cheap up toward the more expensive Family reserves.

Any Room 101's are a treat. :)

If he likes something spicy, the AJ Fernandez New World are great and these are great value for money.

Fuentes would be my suggestion for a newbie 858s were what got me started back in the day and I always keep some on hand to this day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great suggestions, I would add curivari as well, they are a little under the radar but excellent, especially the El Gran Rey and the reserva with the white band.

Go to JR Cigar's website and get some of their Ultimates and Alternatives. Both affordable and NOT BAD smokes by any stretch. Also - speaking of Red Dots - they have a brand of cigar called just that; Red Dot. Only this is a much more flavorful and IMHO more quality laden smoke than General Cigar's wannabe rip off will ever be. It's band is of a smiling lady and its tobacco makeup is 50% Nicaraguan and 50% Jamaican. Very very affordable and very, very tasty. Don't be afraid to try some bundled offerings too. They can be just as enjoyable as the premium smokes out there. Good luck with your NC search and humidor fill up selections! thumbsup.gif

Get him something nice from the 24;72 weekender. Split a box of Presidentes they are looking good. Then maybe some Boli PCs and then the fillers.... Some NC Punch London Clubs and a bundle of Quorums. Gotta love a $1.25 cigar yummm!!

Padron 2000 or 3000 maduro.

Oliva serie v and serie v melanio

Rocky Patel decade/royale

Drew estate undergrown, liga privada 9/t52