Borgy

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys I should read this back earlier just looking for some good titles for the US Hunting or Fishing, Australia flicks as well don't have to screen them just titles are good enough don't wish to upset any one.

Hard to find anyone decent. I was sitting here yesterday and Buck McNealy came on. Hard to believe that guy has been on for 30 years. The main problem I have with most of these guys on TV is they come in to an area with all their high end gear, some guy takes them out and they shoot or catch their game, brag about it, pack it up and go home. They do none of the year round stalking to learn patterns, location of their quarry and the often years of management it takes to produce the results they see. Not to mention all the work it takes in preparation. To me they are simply hunting tourists who know how to take a shot or take advantage of what others have worked hard to learn and show it off as their own ideas. If that is called hunting or fishing I would rather just go to the grocery store. It just reminds me of some guys from Chicago that came out to a local farm near me. They would shoot a raised elk in a barn yard, pose and take pictures with it to show their wives and family and then go to the bars for the rest of the week. They would do this annually as a guys trip. That is no different and it is not hunting IMHO.

I'm not into dogs but I had a look on youtube the US seems to have some gòod hunting vids no spotlighting though. Im might have to put one together about something other than foxes. The guys that what I call cage hunt have bo idea what it is to get out there and walk for days to find your target ITS NOT HUNTING Cheers Polarbear and Fosgate

Look up a guy by the name of Tim Wells. He has a show here called "Relentless Pursuit". Heck of a shot with a bow and borderline nut. In his opening credits of his show he takes down a Grizzly by sticking him in the face (you can find that hunt on youtube by the way) also he and his associates attach a camera on spears and go stick African buffalo with them. I watched him one day drop a pile of arrows in a field and just start shooting morning doves out of the sky. etc.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I have met a lot of the guys you see on TV . most of them are guided on ranches . When one of those guys wants to go to public land hike in over a mile drag deer out the same distance then I will call them a hunter . lol I like tim wells also good show

• Like 1

I'm not into dogs but I had a look on youtube the US seems to have some gòod hunting vids no spotlighting though. Im might have to put one together about something other than foxes. The guys that what I call cage hunt have bo idea what it is to get out there and walk for days to find your target ITS NOT HUNTING Cheers Polarbear and Fosgate

exactly right ! You might as well go shoot someones cow out in the pasture .

• 2 weeks later...

What.....that's not allowed??!?!?!?!?

wink.pngbiggrin.pngtongue.png

Just make sure you take the ear tags off before you take that trophy to the taxidermist.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys I should read this back earlier just looking for some good titles for the US Hunting or Fishing, Australia flicks as well don't have to screen them just titles are good enough don't wish to upset any one.

I'd suggest you check out a guy named Steven Rinella. He has a tv show on in the States called MeatEater, and has also written several books. I find his style of hunting appealing because he is a fair chase hunter, and he also is a pretty accomplished cook.

• 4 weeks later...