Taking CC into the US

3. DO NOT waste your money on the city pass, that is for tourists who actually think they can accomplish all those things with time to spare....save the money and pick maybe one or two of those things to do over the weekend. As an example, the art museum for some people is an ALL day ordeal.

I disagree. It can be a good investment for people who want to see a variety of attractions but don't have all day to spend on it. Some people go and spend an entire day or multiple days at a particular museum, but for others, we want to see the highlights of more things. If you're the type that has just 2 days and spend a full day at a museum, it's not the best choice. If you can split the Shedd Aquarium and the Field Museum in the same day because you don't go to lengthy shows and read every detail about every attraction, it's a good fit. On our last trip, we did the 5 day Go Chicago card and it was a good fit for us for those very reasons.

Wife and I took the kids to Chicago for a long weekend a couple of years ago with the City Pass. I'd say you need at least three days to comfortably squeeze in five attractions. Even if you only do 3 or 4, I think you still come out ahead or at least break even on price. You can certainly squeeze everything into two days, but it will be rushed and exhausting. You won't have much time to relax or do other things. If I were seeing the city by myself for two days, I'd pick maybe one or two of those attractions, and spend the rest of the time walking, shopping, dining, seeing other parts of the city, etc.

One other advantage of the City Pass though is you rarely have to wait in line for anything. Most attractions have a VIP entrance that City Pass holders can access, so you bypass the queues on busy days.

I disagree. It can be a good investment for people who want to see a variety of attractions but don't have all day to spend on it. Some people go and spend an entire day or multiple days at a particular museum, but for others, we want to see the highlights of more things. If you're the type that has just 2 days and spend a full day at a museum, it's not the best choice. If you can split the Shedd Aquarium and the Field Museum in the same day because you don't go to lengthy shows and read every detail about every attraction, it's a good fit. On our last trip, we did the 5 day Go Chicago card and it was a good fit for us for those very reasons.

I didn't mean any disrespect but again I lived in Chicago for 26 years. The city card is a tourist attraction to make money for the city knowing full well the majority of pass purchasers won't be able to hit all attractions. It's not worth the money and there are far better and cheaper ways to see the same attractions that you will only find talking to someone that lives there. Like I said one example is buying a cocktail at the 95th floor bar for 15$ and seeing the same views as the observatory without paying 50$. The list goes on that's just the Hancock building as one example.

I would never ever recommend the city card to people. And unless there is a new exhibit in town or its a special event the lines aren't that long. I've always gone to the shedd and museums during the weekend and never waited more than 10 minutes in line. Again, nothing wrong with the pass but if you want to see the best of chicago through the eyes of someone that lived in the city then no, do not ever buy the city pass.

Just my .02...either way enjoy the best city in the world!!!

Seth

^^^ Never understood that. I love a Chicago dog, and don't use ketchup myself, but I'm always baffled when those clowns that run the shops and stands up there get all worked up about it. It's a freaking hot dog.

On a related note, I was sad to see Hot Doug's shut down a few months back. Never had any problem waiting in those lines, especially when they had duck fat fries.

It's apparently that the sweetness in the ketchup interferes too much with the flavors of the dog, so I am told. And I tend to agree with it. If you throw catchup on sausage it kind of seems to mute everything out (which is why kids love the stuff).

The loss of Hot Doug's is a travesty. Those fries were seriously awesome.

It's apparently that the sweetness in the ketchup interferes too much with the flavors of the dog, so I am told. And I tend to agree with it. If you throw catchup on sausage it kind of seems to mute everything out (which is why kids love the stuff).

All depends on the dog. Actual brat/sausage, completely agree. Stadium style dogs need anything to cover the taste of lips and assholes!

Oh I agree, ketchup ruins hot dogs for me, but they take that way too seriously. I've seen people yelled at for asking for ketchup. They act like people are putting ketchup on a $75 steak, and not a $3 hot dog. I love Chicago dogs for what they are. I wish I could get them more reliably here.

Definitely remove bands will be as close to 100%. You actually dont need to prove that they arent cubans. They have to prove they ARE cubans.

If you are asked whether they are cubans or not, that is your choice to respond honestly or not.

As far as eats in Chicago

- Skip Giordanos and go to Lou Malnati's. Much better. And skip Uno's all together.

- Skip Portillos and italian beef sandwiches. Has to be the biggest letdown in all my life.

- Superdawg for chicago style hot dogs.

Youre better off going to NY if you want real pizza or hot dog at the end of the day.